Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A Late Recap on Last Week

I've been reading Meera Lee Patel's newsletter and was inspired by her documenting five things she wants to remember every week. I decided to write my own list of good things that happened each day of the week. It's similar to my weekly happy and grateful list, but I think I may just pick a random week to document every month. Although this recap is a happy one, I plan to share the bad days because I think it's ok to document both the good and the bad.

Monday, January 17

I know it's well past Christmas, but I just finished reading Snowed Inn for Christmas: A Christmas Anthology by Elle Christensen and eight romance authors. The book featured nine couples, and each story is set in Winter Falls. It was such a great read. 

I am determined to finish reading all of my holiday books that I didn't finish reading in December, and so far, I'm almost done. I only have one more book to read, and that one is also an anthology.

Tuesday, January 18

Pack Darling Part Two was finally released today after the release date was pushed back a couple of times. This is one of the books that I have been so excited to get to read. I read the book in just two days. It was so good. 

Wednesday, January 19

I'm still celebrating my birthday and decided to do one of my favorite birthday traditions: visit the Love Street gift shop and get something for myself. I found a cute fanny pack by Kavu. I have the Purple Storm fanny pack, and I think it'll be helpful for when I go for walks on the Silver Comet Trail or around my neighborhood.

Thursday, January 20

John had some overtime, so he took a long lunch break, and we went to the mall. We bought some new chargers for our phones and then got lunch and Starbucks.

Friday, January 21

Ah, Friday! My favorite day of the week! I ran some errands with John. Then we got some smoothies from Smoothie King for the first time in months, and it felt like a hello from Summer. 

Later in the day, I had a bit of an accident. I'm not even sure how in the world to explain, but the short story is that our baby/toddler gate almost killed me. After falling down, I had two big scrapes/cuts on my knee and arm. The next day, a bruise formed. I'm ok but was really annoyed when it happened.

The best part of my day was when I visited my little sister and nephew. Jaileny gave me the best gift...she asked me to be Amir's godmother! I'm so excited. I love the gift that she gave and how she surprised me. *See photo above.*


How was your week?


Thanks for visiting!


Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment