Wednesday, December 8, 2021

December Goals

Happy Wednesday! I'm a bit late posting my December goals, but better late than never. You know what they say, it's the most wonderful and busy time of the year. I probably shouldn't set too many goals this month, but most of the plans and goals are things that I want to accomplish before the month and the year ends. Speaking of the year ending...how in the world is it already December? I can't believe that it will be 2022 soon. 

Last month was a little busy. I had several appointments and some holiday shopping to get done. I worked on many crafty projects, primarily my One Little Word album. I wanted to take daily Instax photos for my One Little Word album, but I did miss a few days. Although I didn't take Instax photos every day, I'm pleased with how many I did take and even more glad that on the days that I didn't take any photos using my Instax camera, I used my phone. 

November was the month of family and being grateful. We celebrated Thanksgiving at Mami's house and had a great time. I had a long talk with my younger sister. This really needed to be done, but we are now at a better place, and I'm happy about it. A few days after Thanksgiving, I saw my cousin, Joselyn, for the first time in a few years. It was so lovely to catch up with her. 

Well, since we are well past the first week of December, let's check out my goals for December and how I did in November.

Recap of November Goals

  • Read 5 books: I read a ton of books in November. I've been on a Christmas short story kick, which is odd because I rarely read any Christmas/holiday-themed books, even during the holiday season. If I do, I usually read A Christmas Carol and then call it done as far as holiday books go.
  • Read 4 books that I need to review soon: I read and reviewed Wide Awake by Anna Fury, Quiet Night Think: Poems & Essays by Gillian Sze, I Hope This Finds You Well by Kate Baer, and A Terrible, Horrible, No Good Year: Hundreds of Stories on the Pandemic by Six-Word Memoirs.
  • Post 1 personal piece on the blog: The only personal piece that I posted was my monthly review/list. You can read that here.
  • Try 1 new recipe: Mission accomplished! I repeat, mission accomplished! I finally tried a new recipe! I made fried fish for dinner, and it was so good. It was so simple to make, and I tried some new (to me) seasonings. I definitely plan on making it again soon.
  • Work on my Christmas traveler's notebook (Bonus if I actually complete it this month): I can't remember if I did work on my 2020 Christmas traveler's notebook, so I'm just going to assume that I didn't. I definitely know that I did not finish that notebook. 
  • Work on my Autumn Moments traveler's notebook: I did work on my Autumn Moments traveler's notebook, and I only have a few pages left in the notebook. This will be the first traveler's notebook from Studio Calico that I actually finish.
  • Work on my One Little Word album: I am all caught up on my One Little Word album. It's been fun working on the monthly prompts. I love how chunky my mini album is getting.
  • Catch up on my Project Life album: I'm not 100% caught up on my Project Life album, but I did work on it. I'm currently trying to determine what size I want to work on for next year's Project Life album. I'm considering using a 6x12 album or a 6x8 album. I am leaning towards a 6x8 album since I have two albums in that size, but I still have plenty of 6x12 page protectors. Decisions, decisions.



December Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 2 books that I should have finished a while ago
  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Finish my Autumn Moments travelers notebook
  • Finish my 2020 Christmas travelers notebook
  • Work on my 2021 Christmas mini-album
  • Complete my One Little Word album
  • Catch up on my Project Life album


What are your goals for December? What do you hope to accomplish before the year ends?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

1 comment

  1. This is a great list! Super ambitious but like you said this is such a crazy time of year so maybe that’s why I’m like “wow, more than two things!” Lolol god on you. I need to get back into the swing of reading. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete