Monday, December 20, 2021

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

The Ronettes are singing "Sleigh Ride" and I'm bouncing around my dining room as I sing along. I should probably fold the mountain of laundry currently in the basket, but I'm going to continue to act like I didn't see it.

John, Michael, and Gabriel are playing video games. I always laugh at how excited they get when they win. 

My tiny tornado, Raphael, admires the Christmas tree while trying to sneak a few candy canes. He's at the age where he knows about Santa and is excited about the holidays. 

I remember a conversation I had with Mami about Christmas Eve. We will be spending Christmas Eve over at Mami's house, and I'm so grateful that we live close by. I can't even imagine having to travel for the holidays. It just sounds stressful and not fun at all.

I'm currently drinking a toffee nut hot chocolate. I've been consuming so much hot chocolate. For some reason, I've been trying so many different flavors of hot chocolate, and I really love hot chocolate bombs.

Michael Bublé is now singing "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" and I wish it did. I would appreciate it if Mother Nature could just let us have some snow. There's no snow, but the holiday vibes are in full force. For now, I will just enjoy the twinkling lights, hot chocolate, cozy slippers, and holiday pajamas.

I'm reading all the holiday romance books and am trying to decide which holiday movie I want to watch next. Should I go with a classic or a more recent film? Maybe an animated film? Decisions, decisions.

I'm trying to decide which holiday treat I want to make. I want to bake some cookies, but I also want to make Christmas Crack. I think I may just make one treat a day. I'll probably tell John to take some with him to work. I'll most certainly make way too much.

Now Wham! is crooning "Last Christmas." It's a bit of a turn from the happy Christmas songs I've been listening to, but this is a classic. You never skip Last Christmas. Never.

Speaking of Last Christmas. It will be a 2.0 Covid Christmas, but you know what, that's ok. It can still be a fun Christmas. New traditions can be started while keeping some of the old ones. We are continuing our tradition of wearing Christmas pajamas, but we are also considering starting a new tradition of wearing ugly Christmas sweaters. 

I hope you find the magic of Christmas. If you need a little pick-me-up, listen to some Christmas songs. Try to find some new covers of your old favorites, or stick with listening to your favorite holiday songs.

Here's to the holiday season. May it be filled with love and laughter, and magic.



Photo by Morgane Le Breton on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment