Wednesday, November 6, 2019

What I Read in October

Last month, I accomplished my reading goal. I read two amazing books. And I just realized that both of the books that I read are graphic novels.

Once again, I was so behind on reading blogs and articles, so I'm going to have to skip my list of blog posts recommendations this time.

Let's check out what I read in October.

Must Read



I read this on Halloween. It was a quick read, but the stories were incredible! There are five short horror stories. Some of the stories were so spooky and creepy. I do wish that some of the stories were a bit longer because they were just too good. The illustrations were fantastic. I plan on purchasing a copy for myself.


Pumpkinheads was a quick read. I read it in one day. The story was so cute, and the illustrations were perfect. The story is about two friends, Deja and Josiah, who only see each other during the Fall at their local pumpkin patch. This will be their last time working together at the pumpkin patch because they are seniors. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil the story. Overall, I highly recommend this book. It's perfect for Fall.

This was the first book by Rainbow Rowell that I read, and I can't wait to read the next one. I would love for Rainbow to make this a series.

What did you read in October?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

6 comments

  1. I have Pumpkinheads - I'm hoping to read it today! I'm glad you liked Through the Woods - I love that book.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon. I'm hoping to find a book similar to Through the Woods. That was such a great book.

      Delete
  2. I loved Pumpkinheads too! Such a cute fall read. I didn't know Starbucks had a PSL in a bottle, I'll have to check it out. And Through The Woods, since I'm a fan of graphic novels and short stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Starbucks has several of their drinks in a bottle. The PSL in a bottle is ok, but I really prefer it hot. I hope you get to try one soon. I've been really loving graphic novels.

      Delete
  3. I have heard a lot of good things about Pumpkinheads! I will have to check it out. I'll admit I've lost my reading mojo right now, so I need to get back on the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkinheads is such a great book. I think it would be a great book to help your reading mojo back on track. It's a quick read and the story is so good.

      Delete