Sunday, May 24, 2015

Project Life Core Kits--September Skies & Fine and Dandy

Happy Sunday! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far. Yesterday, I was finally able to get some new Project Life core kits. I kept wondering whether or not I should get a core kit since I have enough Project Life cards as it is. However, after watching some Youtube videos of the September Skies core kit and the Fine and Dandy core kit, I decided I would get at least one. My local Hobby Lobby still doesn't have any of the core kits on shelves so I ended up going to a different one. After my second trip there (that's a totally different story to tell...on a different day), I decided to just get both of the kits so I wouldn't make another trip! Ok so enough of my rambling...on to the good stuff!


September Skies Core Kit


This kit was designed by Heidi Swapp. She actually made a few other products in this collection before making the core kit and value kit. I love this core kit a lot! I'm not a big fan of florals, but this collections has a nice mix of florals, glitter, and colors. I mainly purchased this card due to a few of the cards such as the ones with the constellations, lightbulbs, plus signs, and a few of the glitter cards. Once I saw all of the cards, I knew I made a good decision in purchasing this kit.


Fine and Dandy Core Kit


I also love this core kit a lot. I can't decide whether I like this kit more or September Skies. They are both equally awesome and have gorgeous cards! This kit seems like it is party/Happy Birthday themed, but you can totally use the cards for other themes and purposes than just documenting a birthday celebration. My favorite cards in this core kit are the the glitter cards like the ones with the ice cream cones, hearts and polka dots. I also like the currently cards, numbered lists journaling cards, and the cards with the quotes.

Overall, I am really glad that I purchased these two core kits. I plan to use them in other projects besides my Project Life album and semi traditional (hybrid?) layouts. These cards would be perfect for when I make greeting cards, mini albums, and home decor.

Have you purchased any of the new Project Life core kits? Which ones did you get? Feel free to share your opinion.

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment