Sunday, June 15, 2014

Misting Experiment on Project Life Cards

Hello there! First off, I'd like to say Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there! I hope all of the dads out there have enjoyed their day. And a special Father's Day to my husband. The boys and I love you so very much!

I finally got around to trying Heather Greenwood's misting experiment on Project Life cards. A few months ago, I bought a few of Heidi Swapp's color shine mists. However, I never had time to try them out until I came upon a post that Heather made in a Facebook group.

I loved that I didn't need too many supplies for this experiment. The only things that are needed are:
  • Paper
  • Gesso
  • Mist or Spray Ink
I used Project Life grid cards, Gesso, and Heidi Swapp color shine in teal, pink, and mustard. 


For the cards above, I only used the paper and sprayed the mist on them. I really like the card that is fully covered with the mist. 

The cards above have gesso on them. I spread the gesso on the cards and then started spraying mist on them. I think these came out ok considering that it was my first time even using mists, gesso, and a heat embossing tool. I actually made about 10-15 cards and realized that there are a few things that I can do differently next time. For instance, I now know that I should dry each color individually and that I should hold the heat embossing tool a little farther away. 

I planned to use the cards in my Project Life album, but now I think I'm going to use them in my One Little Word album. I definitely need to catch up on the prompts. Last month's prompt was an artsy one and these cards will be perfect for the assignment. 

Let me know if you have ever done an experiment like this before. I'd love to hear how about other ways to get artsy with my Project Life cards.

Until next time...

Emi


No comments

Post a Comment