Saturday, September 12, 2026

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

Happy Saturday! This week flew by thanks to Labor Day. It was nice to have a day off from work and school. However, I always get thrown off when we have a four-day week (I promise I'm not complaining). 

The week ended with the 25th anniversary of September 11. I don't know how to put into words my feelings about September 11. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. 

This weekend we're going to celebrate John's birthday. It's going to be nice to celebrate all weekend long and throughout the month. We plan to go to a few places and spend time with family. 


1. We celebrated my niece's birthday on Labor Day. It was great seeing my nephew and nieces. The boys had fun, and it was a great way to unofficially end summer. 

2. I tried the Little Debbie X Crumbl cookies, and they were so good. The Zebra Cake was delicious and tasted exactly like the Little Debbie snack cake. It was also a bit on the sweet side, so only eating about half of the cake was more than enough for me.

3. Catching Shadows by Anna Brones. I'm still in this weird creative block. I have so much creative energy, but I've been stuck on what projects to work on. I love the idea of tracing shadows in sketchbooks. I plan to do this soon.

4. A pumpkin spice latte in a pumpkin. I'm going to try this at home.

5. On repeat: Hyperreal by Trafton

6. These powerful words by Michael Massaroli Jr., the son of Michael Massaroli, who lost his life during the September 11 attacks.

7. "When Is It Ok to Give Up on a Book?" It was interesting to read other people's opinions on DNFing books and which books they gave up on finishing.

8. On the wishlist: GoNanas limited edition Apple Cider Donut Banana Bread & Muffin Mix

9. Looking forward to: There are so many books I need to finish reading, but I just put The Nightingales by Emil Wilson on hold at my library. I can't wait to read it. 

10. I was so excited to see a massive pumpkin display at my grocery store. I can't wait to buy one so we can carve it and roast the pumpkin seeds. 


What made you happy this week?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Diana Light on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment