2. We celebrated John's birthday, and since his birthday was actually on a weekday, we did a lot of celebrating over the weekend. But we kept the celebration going all month long. We also did our usual birthday traditions, which are always a blast. How lucky we are to celebrate another year.
3. We also celebrated my niece's birthday and had a pool party on Labor Day. It was so nice to spend time with family and see the kids all together.
4. I found so many new-to-me products that I absolutely love. Some are treats like Dandies marshmallows (and they're vegan!), Miils (my absolute favorite right now), and CVT soft serve ice cream.
5. There were many trips to the farmers market for crimson apples and apple cider. I went to a new-to-me indoor market, the Upper West Market, which was recommended to me by one of my favorite vendors.
6. I celebrated fall's official arrival by lighting a candle in the morning, making a pumpkin spice latte, and completing some physical therapy exercises before the boys woke up.
7. Although most of the month was extremely hot, fall is definitely coming out to play. The mornings have been so much cooler, which has been much appreciated.
8. I devoured an outrageous amount of s'mores in September. It was my go-to dessert for the month.
9. Raphael and I have been reading so many fall and Halloween-themed books. We still have a bunch more on hold at our library. I can't wait to get them all.
10. Physical therapy has been incredibly helpful. I still can't believe I waited so long to actually go.
11. Fall break was great, and I was so happy we didn't have to go to work or school. Although Raphael and I were feeling under the weather during the weekend, it was still a great week.
12. This month was full of good food. I made a fantastic rice bowl with pork loin strips and veggies. It was so good. Mami also made us a feast when she realized that Raphael and I were sick. There's nothing like Mami's homemade food.
13. The state of the country and the world is still frightening. My heart is breaking for the young female student at Cornell. I'm at a loss for words and don't even know where to begin. My heart goes out to this young woman.
14. We went to check out Halloween costumes, but we still don't know what we'll dress up as. I think this Halloween will be a little bittersweet. My older sons don't really want to trick-or-treat this year (they're teens, so I guess that makes sense), but still...it hit me a bit hard at the realization that they really are growing up.
15. So long, September. You were an eventful month. A month full of lessons. There were a few rough days, but the good days definitely outweighed the bad. Hello, October. I'm so excited for you. I have such high hopes. May you be a month of peace, healing, and all things cozy.
Photo by micheile henderson on Unsplash

No comments
Post a Comment