1. At the book aisle in Target, two women approached me. One of them saw my trenta-sized strawberry refresher and asked me how long it usually takes me to drink it. What ensued was a lovely conversation that really made my day after having an incredibly rough day...actually, the entire week was rough. We talked about books, career goals, and just life in general. It was so refreshing. I swear women are truly amazing.
2. Lin-Manuel Miranda's acceptance speech from the Disney Legends Award Ceremony.
3. We went to the pool and had so much fun. We also bought pizza from the Marietta Pizza Company for dinner. It was nice to not have to worry about cooking after a long day at the pool.
4. I've been watching Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's series documenting her journey of egg freezing and fertility preservation. This was incredibly interesting to watch, and I appreciate AOC sharing her story. Check out her stories for updates.
5. On repeat: Willing and Able by Noah Kahan
6. I went to my local Barnes & Noble final day of business and found some more books. I actually found several good books. I found a couple of Elizabeth Strout's books, including Olive Kitteridge. I'm planning to read this book before I watch the series.
7. Currently reading: You & A Bike & A Road by Eleanor Davis
8. A crowd celebrating a woman's 100th birthday. This was so beautiful and heartwarming.
9. I went to a new boutique and found a really cute sweater for fall. I think I may even use it as part of my Halloween costume. I also bought a chicken tortilla soup mix, and I can't wait to try it. I also went to a few of my favorite local boutiques and came up with an idea for a blog post.
10. It was such a wonderful weekend. We went to the Marietta Square, went for a walk around the area, and stopped by a few shops. The boys enjoyed some strawberry refreshers. I picked up a few treats from various shops and a coffee from Tuesday. This weekend was just what I needed.
What made you happy this week?
Thanks for visiting!
Until next time...
Photo by Julia Peretiatko on Unsplash

No comments
Post a Comment