Happy Sunday! The first week of school and work has passed. I'm happy to say the boys are adjusting well. I am incredibly grateful that it went well, especially after the awful and stressful week I had. I felt it was so important to remember the little things that gave me joy, and I'm so glad that I've made it a habit to document those small moments.
2. Barnes & Noble Haul. I mentioned this before, but my local Barnes & Noble is unfortunately closing. Supposedly, a gas station will be built in its place, which is incredibly unfortunate. My local Barnes & Noble is gorgeous. The architecture is amazing, so it's so sad to know that it's going to be torn down to make way for a gas station. As the store nears its final weeks, the sales have been amazing. Books are now 50% off. They also have another sale where you can buy any 5 books in the store for $25 (the only exclusion is books priced at $50 or more). I even found the book that I had been looking for weeks! I may or may not have let out a little squeal of excitement when I found it.
4. I think I may have found my fall drink for this year. Cove's Blood Orange prebiotic soda is so good!
5. On repeat: Lonely Touch by Sarah Kinsley
6. I went to Sincerely Yours Bookstore and bought a new candle and a mini embroidery kit.
7. Currently reading: I've been catching up on some Substack newsletters, and I'm still slowly reading Austin Kleon's Don't Call It Art.
8. I recently learned about the Tiny Art Show, and it's so cool. I really hope there's a pop-up one day near my city.
9. After the horrible week I had, I'm so glad this video randomly popped up on my feed.
10. I went to the Smyrna Handmade Market and bought some peaches (the last one for the season), some plain and Mexican cheese bagels, some baked goods from Bonnin's Bakery, and some drinks from Soul Food Holistic Healing. I'm set for some meals and desserts for the week. I absolutely adore shopping local and helping support some of my favorite small businesses.
What made you happy this week?
Thanks for visiting!
Until next time...
Photo by Jess Bailey on Unsplash

No comments
Post a Comment