Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 2023 // A List

Oh, February. What a month.

I am always surprised at how the shortest month of the year always feels like the longest month of the year.

February was the month of love.

A couple of day dates with my love.

Cuddles and hugs from my sons.

Much needed conversations with my little sister and Mami.

The word of the month was balance.

I found myself slowly getting settled into my new routine.

Self-care was an absolute must.

I made sure to treat myself on days that I really needed it.

I finally went for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail - the first walk of the year.

And it was glorious.

And it was good for my soul.

For the most part, February was not a great month for my creativity.

However, in the last few days, I have started to feel my creative block wither away.

I'm hoping for more days to work on projects in March.

Not making anything really stressed me out.

Memory-keeping projects are a form of comfort for me and one I am grateful for.

February was the month of hopes and dreams.

Hoping and dreaming of warmer weather, sunny days, and spring.

Hoping and dreaming of accomplishing my goals.

February was a month full of planning for the future.

I've thought a lot about spring and summer plans.

I've thought about where I see myself in the next couple of years.

As much as I'm glad the month is over, I am worried about March.

March is usually one of my hardest months, if not the most challenging.

Grief is such a strange emotion.

For me, grieving can come in waves, but I feel it the most in March.

But I have yet to feel restless like I usually do towards the end of February.

I'm going to take it as a good sign.

Goodbye, February; it was a busy month.

Hello, March. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about how this month will go.

But I'm welcoming you with an open heart and open arms.


Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment