Thursday, November 10, 2022

November Goals

Happy Thursday! I am so behind on sharing my goals for the month, but better late than never. This week has been exhausting. I blame the time change and our schedule being switched around due to the elections, especially the time change. 

For the most part, October was a great month. I spent time with my little sister for her birthday and visited Mami. The boys went trick-or-treating, but we didn't get a lot of trick-or-treaters. Only 3 trick-or-treaters came this year. I voted early, which I usually try to do rather than wait for Election Day. I also began planning for the holidays because I really want to be done with everything by the time it's December. I want to just relax during December.

This month feels like it's going by so slowly, yet I feel like I'm in a rush. I don't usually feel this way, and I wonder if it's because I'm still adjusting to the time change. Daylight Saving Time always makes me feel out of whack, and it usually takes me a couple of weeks to adjust. I am excited to spend time with my family during Thanksgiving, and I can't wait to watch holiday movies and series. I also can't wait to enjoy all the comfort food. 

Since this month is going by so slowly, I think I will try and take it easy with how many goals I want to accomplish this month. If I don't achieve any goals, then that's fine with me. The holiday season is here, and it's always so busy and hectic. 

Well, since I mentioned goals and it's a new month, let's check out my goals for the month and recap how I did with my goals in October.



Recap of October Goals
  • Read 5 books: I read 21 books in October. Most books I read were holiday themed (i.e., Halloween, Christmas, etc.). I read a couple of novellas, graphic novels, and memoirs. I read False Start by Piper Rayne, a prequel novella for her upcoming book, You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows. I can not wait for that book to be released.
  • Read and review 2 books from Netgalley: I read the Twig Man by Sana Rasoul, Notes from a Sickbed by Tessa Brunton, and Sinister Desires by Faedra Rose.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I'm certain I did try a new recipe, but I can't remember what I made. It obviously wasn't memorable.
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project: Yeah...so this did not happen. Once again, I pushed back on my half-finished projects and worked on some new ones instead. I really need to stop doing that. I also need to stop taking on so many new projects.
  • Work on my Project Life album: Yikes! I did not work on my Project Life album at all. I keep forgetting to do this, and I am so far behind. 
  • Work on my October memory-keeping projects
    • October Daily: Just like last year, I did not work on my October Daily every day. It's more like an October "Daily-ish."
    • Here: Five Things course: I did work on my Five Things course, but I didn't complete it in October. I definitely plan to finish it this month. 
    • ALP's October prompts: I completely forgot to work on the ALP's October prompts. I was working on so many different projects at once, and it just slipped my mind. Once again, I really need to stop taking on new projects and finish working on previous uncompleted projects.
  • Publish 1 personal piece on the blog: October was a great writing month for me! I did publish a personal piece on the blog. You can check it out here. I feel like my writing took more of my time than working on my memory-keeping projects, which was okay with me. 
  • Participate in Exhale's October blog hop: I participated in my first blog hop for Exhale! You can check out my piece here


November Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read and review 3 books I received from Netgalley
  • Complete 2 half-finished memory-keeping projects
  • Publish 1 personal piece on the blog
  • Participate in Exhale's November blog hop

What are your goals for November? How did you do in October?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment