Friday, October 21, 2022

Why I Bought A Pack of Cupcakes With Sprinkles Last Friday Afternoon


Because it was Friday and the weekend had arrived. Because I wanted to treat myself, the boys, and my husband. Because I felt like I deserved it. Because after a few stressful days the week before, this week was absolutely amazing. Because my youngest son is feeling so much better after being sick last week. Because my sons had a great week at school. Because I can't resist cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Because the cupcakes also had sprinkles. Because I started cramping and just knew what was going to happen. Because that was all the more reason to get the damn cupcakes. Because I worked so hard. Because I finally decided to do things my way. Because I got everything done on my to-do list and wouldn't have to do anything during the weekend. Because I've been getting so many ideas and feel inspired to write and work in my journal. Because I feel so alive during fall. Because it's the little things in life that make me happy. Because it's the month of October...one of my favorite months of the year. Because it's comfy and cozy season, and cupcakes always bring me a little bit of comfort. Because I wanted cupcakes with cream cheese frosting on a random Friday afternoon.


This post is part of a blog hop with Exhale - an online community of women pursuing creativity alongside motherhood, led by the writing team behind Coffee + Crumbs. Click here to view the next post in the series "A Question."

No comments

Post a Comment