Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November Goals

Happy Wednesday! It's November, and the year is almost over! And I'm still processing 2020, but this year has been way better than 2020, so I'll take it. October was an interesting month with some good days and bad days. There were some tears but so much joy as well. It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster, but I learned so much. 

In October, we went to the Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival, Still Family Farm, and celebrated Halloween. I was so happy that we got some trick-or-treaters this year. Michael and Gabriel dressed up as ghostbusters, and Raphael dressed up as a dalmatian. They looked adorable. We still have tons of candy.

This month, I'm hoping to take an Instax photo a day as a part of my One Little Word project. I'm also hoping to finish up some other memory-keeping projects like my 2020 Christmas travelers notebook (yes, I still haven't finished it). I'm also hoping to work on my journal.



Recap of October Goals

  • Read 5 books: I accomplished this goal. I think I actually read more in October than I did in September. I think I read about 40 books in October. Most of those books were short stories and books that I needed to review for Netgalley. I do count short stories as part of my reading goal, which is why I usually have a large number of books read in a month. My favorite reads of the month were Welcome to the Grief Club by Janine Kwoh, Murder Book: A Graphic Memoir of a True Crime Obsession by Hilary Fitzgerald Campbell, and Midlife Halloween Shift by J.L. Wilder, 
  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon: I reviewed 5 books in October. Most of the books were really great. I'm still working through some more books that I need to finish reading and then review.
  • Catch up on my One Little Word project: I am finally caught up with my One Little Word project! I'm really excited at how chunky my album is getting, and I'm pleased about this month's prompt. November's prompt may just be my favorite prompt from the project. 
  • Post 2 personal pieces on the blog: I only posted one personal essay on the blog. I'm not counting my usual pieces like my "If You and I Had Coffee..." and monthly goals. You can check out the essay that I posted here.
  • Try 2 new recipes: I can't even remember if I made anything new, so it's safe to say that I most likely didn't try any new recipes. I really need to get it together.
  • Work on my Christmas travelers notebook: I didn't work on my Christmas travelers notebook, but I did work on my Autumn Moments travelers notebook. I plan on working on my Christmas travelers notebook this month, and I'm hoping to complete it before this year ends.
  • Catch up on my Project Life album: I worked on my Project Life album, but I still need to catch up on my album. Thankfully, I only have a few layouts to complete.


November Goals

  • Read 5 books
  • Read 4 books that I need to review soon
  • Post 1 personal piece on the blog
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Work on my Christmas travelers notebook (Bonus if I actually complete it this month)
  • Work on my Autumn Moments travelers notebook
  • Work on my One Little Word album
  • Catch up on my Project Life album


What are your goals for November? How did you do in October?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Alexa Williams on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment