Monday, December 7, 2020

What I Read In November

It has been an incredibly long time since I wrote a book review for the blog. I've been accomplishing my monthly reading goals. I have also surpassed my reading goal for the year. Last month, I read a few books, but my favorite read for the month was False Perceptions by Michelle Heard. I loved this book so much that I decided to share a review. 


False Perceptions by Michelle Heard 

This was one of my favorite books that I've read this year. The characters were amazing, and the storylines were fantastic. It's not often that a book has me in tears, and my goodness, I cried a couple of times. 

False Perceptions is a military romance about Emilie Swanson, the daughter of a senator, and Hayden Cole, a Navy SEAL, tasked with protecting Emilie from threats after she was kidnapped and tortured. Emilie and her father do not get along, and she's been let down by several men, including her ex-husband. Ultimately, she decides to escape her life, move to a small town, and take care of herself. Hayden just returned back after a failed mission that left some of his brothers dead. He decides to protect Emilie and considers this his last mission before he retires. Hayden has some suspicions and concerns that Emilie is still in danger. Now he has to figure out who is after her and keep her safe while investigating the threats.

Both of the main characters went through so much. They were so strong and resilient. They were perfect for each other. There were a few surprises throughout the story, which was awesome. I felt a few parts should have had more details, but overall, it was a great read. 

Do yourself a favor and read this book as well as Michelle Heard's "An Enemies To Lovers" series. 


What did you read in November?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

1 comment

  1. Glad to hear this was a favorite. I do love when a book has great, well-written characters.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete