Monday, June 1, 2020

June Goals

Happy Monday! Another month has gone by! Last month went by so fast. There were so many things to celebrate. Michael turned 10, Mother's Day, and school is finally out for summer. We're really excited that school is out for summer and are hoping to have lots of fun this summer.

As much fun as we had last month, there have some difficult moments. I'm still dealing with my creative block. It's frustrating, but I have some classes that start today that I'm hoping will help deal with this struggle. Also, what I've seen on the news has been breaking my heart. There is just so much pain and rage...I can't even begin to explain it.

This month, I'm hoping for some more peace. I'm hoping to get over this creative block. I'm hoping to accomplish most, if not all, of my goals for the month.

With that being said, let's recap on my goals for May and check out my new goals for June.


Recap of May Goals
  • Read 5 books: I read over 20 books! A few of them were quick reads, but I'm still amazed that I've been reading so many books. I also need a better way to keep track of the books that I read. I use Goodreads, but sometimes I forget to add the dates. 
  • Work in my journal: I worked in my journal, but not as much as I'd like. I'm considering this a pass since it's been an improvement.
  • Write personal pieces for the blog: This was a fail. Most of the pieces that I have worked on are not complete yet. Some of my essays don't have photos and vice versa. But I guess this can be considered kind of a pass?
  • Work on 1 Awesome Ladies Project: I'm currently taking the Find Your Voice course and just completed the first module and challenge for the course. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: This was a fail. I have got to get it together. I swear I'll have most of the ingredients needed for the recipes, but then I'll miss one key ingredient. 
  • Exercise 3 days a week: This was also a fail, but I did exercise. I need to come up with a set schedule. I'm sure it'll make it easier for me.
  • Drink more water: I don't know whether to consider this a pass or a fail. I didn't drink as much water as I'd like, but it was a significant improvement.

June Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Work in my journal
  • Publish personal pieces for the blog
  • Work on Five Things e-course by Liz Lamoreux
  • Work on Studio Calico's Summer of Sketches 2020 class
  • Work on Find Your Voice lessons 
  • Drink more water
  • Take more photographs

What are your goals for June?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


3 comments

  1. Woah, you read so much in May! That's fantastic. Good luck with all of your June goals.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on reading so many books! I need to make some more time for reading this month. So much has been going on and my books were put on the back burner. Hope you have a good June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read a ton! I've been averaging about 5 a month still, not that I'm complaining. I can't watch more than an hour of the news a day- it's just. Too. Much. And missing one key ingredient is me all the time haha! Good luck with your June goals!

    ReplyDelete