Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February Goals

Happy Tuesday! Oh my goodness! Can you believe it's February? Honestly, January felt like the longest month ever. I had so much fun celebrating my birthday all month long, but I'm actually glad that the month is over. So much went on during that month and I think I may have to just post a little recap on the month. Maybe I should write monthly recaps for the blog. What do you think?

Well, let me get back on track. I have a feeling I was going to just keep rambling. Since it's a new month, it's time to share my new goals for February. Before we get to those new goals, let's recap on my goals for January.



Recap of January Goals
  • Read 1 book: This was a success! I read Neil Gaiman's Art Matters and I absolutely loved it. I'll have a review of the book posted on the blog in a couple of days. I almost finished reading Friday Black on the last day of January (I only had about 10 pages left), but I ended up finishing the book around 1 or 2 am on February 1st. Raphael was sick for a few days and the week was just incredibly busy so I didn't get much time to read.
  • Clean out the trunk of my car: Technically I didn't clean out the trunk of my car...John actually did. I still consider this a pass because we have been trying to do this for such a long time. I've been doing a good job at keeping the trunk clean.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I'm considering this a pass. John made some fluffernutters a few days ago and they were good. Apparently, they are very popular in Massachusetts. I'm from New York and had never heard of them. There are a few ways to make them and they are very easy to make. Check out this recipe here.
  • Start a new workout routine: This was a fail. With the car accident, being sick, and then the kids getting sick as well...starting a workout routine was not on the top of my list. Does it count that I'm constantly running after the boys and am on the go all the time?
  • Make art every day: I'm not sure whether to consider this a pass or a fail. I'm currently participating in an art challenge called The Painted Diaries by Riet. I'm supposed to make art every single day for the challenge, but I have missed a few days. However, I am happy with the amount that I have made this month even if the art was not part of the challenge. I even started a new art class and completed an assignment. I'll be sharing about Riet's art challenge as well as the art class that I started in a post soon.

February Goals
  • Read 1 book
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Start a new workout routine
  • Make art every day

What are your goals for February?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Emma Matthews on Unsplash

6 comments

  1. January was a very long month indeed. You did good on your goals though, especially with the car accident being in there and such! I like your goals for February. I'd like to try and make art everyday too, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. January was such an eventful month and I'm looking forward to the rest of February.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a good book! Neil Gaiman is a fantastic author :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an amazing book. Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a pretty productive January, though I hope everyone is over their sickness. I'm glad to hear you liked Art Matters; I do want to read that one.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren. We're all starting to feel better.

      Delete