Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Ways to Build a Library and Save Money on Books

Happy Tuesday! If you know me, I love buying books just as much as I love reading them. I've been making my own little home library and I'm also working on making a little library for my boys. But let's be real...sometimes buying books can be expensive. However there are so many ways to save money on books and build your own little library. Today I'm sharing how I've been building my library as well as my favorite places to shop for books.

I really need to buy another bookcase.

1. Barnes and Noble

I am a rewards member at Barnes and Noble. Trust me when I say that their membership is so worth the price! The benefits are amazing and I love the new changes that they made to their memberships and rules. The membership costs $25 a year. You can get 40% off the list price of hardcover bestsellers and 10% off the price of almost everything else in store. When you order online, you get free express shipping. Barnes and Noble also mails out a lot of coupons and they also send coupons via email. The coupons also works in the cafe as well. You can find out more information about Barnes and Noble's membership here.

2. Used bookstores

I don't go to a lot of used bookstores, but you can definitely find some good books at very affordable prices in a used bookstore. There's a local used bookstore in my city and it is great. My local bookstore offers store credit and also offers all books at 50% off the publishers list price.

3. Amazon

I personally have never shopped for books on Amazon, but I have checked out the site for prices. The prices for most of the books are pretty decent. The main reason why I don't shop for books online is that I love going to bookstores. I love getting a cup of coffee and just checking out the entire bookstore.

4. Library sales

My local library has two library sales a year and it is amazing! They have thousands of books at insanely good prices. Many people bring little wagons, carts, etc. to carry their books.

5. Scholastic Book Club

My kids bring home a Scholastic Book Club Catalogue almost every month and it makes me so happy. This is such a great way to build a library for kids. The prices are very affordable and I love that the books are shipped to the school. I also love that teachers can earn free books for their class when parents place an order.

Where do you shop for books? Do you have your own mini library?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

8 comments

  1. I love book shopping. I do it online sometimes, but being there in person is always best. If you DO want to buy online, I recommend The Book Depository. It ships from Europe so it can take a little time to get to you, but the prices are usually discounted and it's free shipping - always.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely check them out.

      Delete
  2. All great tips for buying books at a cheaper price! I love shopping in used bookstores or at thrift stores to find books for less price than new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Are there a lot of used bookstores where you live?

      Delete
  3. I try to keep most of my books digital because I have to more room for all the books I would buy. Someday though...I will have a whole library full! I have found a few good ones at our thrift stores too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tablet for my books, but rarely use it. I may have to start again since I am running out of room for all the books that I have lol.

      Delete
  4. I love shopping the library book sales :)

    ReplyDelete