Friday, May 31, 2024

May 2024 // A List

1. May was an incredibly busy but fun month. So far, it's been one of my favorite months of the year, but I usually say that every year. 

2. There were so many things on my calendar and things to celebrate. We celebrated Michael's birthday and my nephew's birthday. The end of the school year was heavily celebrated, especially since this was a big year for all three of my boys. Raphael finished kindergarten, Gabriel finished sixth grade, and Michael graduated from middle school and will be in high school next school year. I completed my first full year at my job, and it was a wild ride. 

3. We celebrated Michael's graduation with an award ceremony at his school. We also participated in the school parade and had fun decorating our car. Raphael also had a kindergarten award ceremony that was really cute. 

4. I absolutely love graduation season. I am absolutely that person who will cry at a random stranger's graduation video. To the graduates of 2024 (whether they are graduating from pre-k, kindergarten, middle school, high school, or college), I wish you all the best. 

5. I went to my local handmade market and absolutely loved it. I went on opening day, and it was a lot of fun. I saw lots of new vendors and got to try a lot of new things. I bought some smoked chicken andouille sausage, a blackberry lemonade to drink while I shopped, and some juice. I can't wait to go again this weekend.

6. Katie Licht's latest substack post, Craft, Frivolity, Purpose, and Time, was a great read and has been on my mind for days. Her words on starting and abandoning projects hit home for me. I, too, have so many unfinished projects that you might as well say have been abandoned. For instance, I have several years of Project Life albums that still need to be completed, but I hope to finish them one day. 

7. Speaking of projects, I bought some new art supplies, and one of my favorite supplies is the UHU stic. It's a glue stick that's excellent for scrapbooking. I'm also considering buying a Cricut machine, so I've been researching several machines.

8. We celebrated Mother's Day and visited Mami. It was nice to be spoiled, and I enjoyed the gifts from John, the boys, and Mami. 

9. Teacher (Educator) Appreciation Week was a real treat. It's amazing to acknowledge teachers, paras, and other staff members during this week. The gifts and words of thanks were so appreciated.

10. I am currently obsessed with flowers. I have photographed so many different flowers in May. One of my favorite are the daisies outside my local library. They look absolutely gorgeous. 

11. I participated in Exhale's monthly blog hop. I really enjoyed this month's prompt. You can read my piece here.

12. I also shared a piece on the Atlanta Mom blog. My latest post is a list of upcoming family-friendly movies. You can check out my post here.

13. May was definitely a "treat yourself" month. I tried a bunch of new cookies from Crumbl Cookies, consumed a ridiculous amount of Summer Berry Lemonade refreshers from Starbucks, and new-to-me snacks. 

14. Of course, there were a couple of hiccups along the way, but the good outweighed the bad. 

15. May was absolutely an amazing month. I look forward to enjoying the rest of my summer. Here's to adventure, getting enough rest, trying and doing new things, reading good books, listening to good music, documenting and journaling, and working on creative projects.

No comments

Post a Comment