Thursday, February 1, 2024

January 2024 // A List


January, January, January...

My oh my

What a month you were.

You came in strong.

And I was excited.

January is always a busy and exciting month.

It's one of my favorites because it's the start of a new year.

It's also my birthday month.

A month full of celebrating.

This year, the month started off great. 

The middle of the month...a bit shaky.

The end of the month was rough.

It's odd how hopeful I felt...

Only to then feel unsettled.

This month was a test of balancing my personal and work life.

A test on taking care of myself and focusing on my needs.

I made sure to remember my word for the year and nourish my body.

Reading books, going for walks on the Silver Comet Trail, and crafty projects helped soothe my soul.

And ease the unsettled feeling that came in waves throughout the end of the month.

The end of the month found our family finally having to battle COVID-19.

I learned a lot of lessons in January.

And received a lot of encouraging words and hugs.

And for that, I am grateful.

The support was most welcome.

Some things didn't go as planned, but January was still great.

Spending time with my family and celebrating another year around the sun

Spending time in nature, clearing my mind, and getting closer to making some big decisions regarding my career 

These were some of the highlights of the month.

January was a long and busy month.

Full of so many emotions

It'll definitely be a month that I won't forget.

But I will say that I'm glad that the month is over.

So goodbye, January. 

Hello, February. Please be easy on me.

Here's to hoping for some peace and rest.


Photo by Magda Pawluczuk on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment