Monday, February 5, 2024

February Goals

Happy Monday! We're a few days into February, and I am glad it's no longer January. Although January started off great and is my birthday month, the middle and end of the month were rough. The beginning of the month was very promising. It's the start of a new year, getting back into a routine, celebrating another year around the sun...all good things. We also celebrated the 100th day of school, and my oldest son received an award. 

The not-so-good...I started to feel unsettled. I have some big decisions to make regarding the next steps in my career, and as I've said before (or at least I'm pretty sure I did), these are good things, but having so many different options is starting to stress me out. On top of being stressed about these decisions, Raphael got Covid at the end of the month. Like literally, on the last day of January, he was diagnosed with COVID-19. Thankfully, he is doing much better and was only really sick that first day. It amazes me how resilient kids are...I mean, the kid was still running around even with a fever.

Now, it's February, and things are slowly returning to normal. This unsettled feeling is still there, but it's starting to go away. I'm feeling hopeful, grateful, and slightly more at ease.

I have some new goals and am looking forward to many good things this month. Since I've mentioned goals, let's check out my new goals for February and quickly recap how I did with my January goals.

Recap of January Goals

  • Read 2 books: I read 12 books in January. My favorite reads for January are That's So New York by Dan Saltzstein, Worry Lines: You're Doing Really Well Given the Circumstances by Worry Lines, and How to Baby by Liana Finck.
  • Complete my 2023 December Daily: I still need to complete my December Daily album, but I did work on it. I finally got my photos; I just need to add my journaling.
  • Work on my Project Life album: I did work on my Project Life album and had so much fun using my Stories by the Month kit. 
  • Watch a new (or new-to-me) movie or TV series: I didn't watch TV, but there are a few movies and series that I'm looking forward to watching this month. I'm really looking forward to watching Orion and the Dark with the boys. I'm also searching for a good documentary, so if you have any recommendations, please send them my way.
  • Work on at least one creative project a week: I worked on something creative every week. Sometimes, that was working on my Project Life album, December Daily, creative writing (i.e., Exhale blog hop, prompts, etc.), and layouts for the ALP team.
  • Participate in Exhale's January blog hop: I participated in Exhale's blog hop. You can read my piece here.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I honestly can't remember if I tried a new one, so I'm just going to say that I didn't. 

February Goals
  • Read 3 books
  • Read 2 books I borrowed from the library
  • Work on my Project Life album
  • Watch a new (or new-to-me) movie or TV series
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Go for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail at least once a week
  • Participate in Exhale's February blog hop
  • Complete February: Five Things challenge/class

What are your goals for February? How did you do in January?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment