Monday, August 1, 2022

August Goals

Happy Monday, First Day of August, and Happy Back-to-School (for those whose kids have started today)! I can't believe it's August and the first day of school! This summer break went by so fast, and I'm kind of sad that it did. We had so much fun this summer. We celebrated holidays and family events like Father's Day and Mami's birthday. We went hiking and to the pool. We explored and played games. It will be a little hard to get back to our regular routine. 

Even though I'm a little sad that summer break is over, I am excited that it means fall is almost here! I technically consider it fall (even though it's still blazing hot) once school starts. I love seeing all of the fall displays at stores and that seasonal treats are coming back. I'm so ready for fall and spooky season.

I'm looking forward to many things, including getting back to a routine and working on goals. I noticed that this summer, I didn't focus on my monthly goals like I usually would, but I gave myself some grace. I really needed a carefree summer, and that's what we had. 

Since I mentioned goals and it's a new month, let's check out my plans for August and recap how I did with my goals in July.

Recap of July Goals

  • Read 4 books: I read 32 books in July! It was definitely a month full of good books. I read romance novels, poetry and verse novels, a few Christmas-themed books, collections of essays, and a book on travel journals. 
  • Read and review 4 books from Netgalley: I read 8 books I received from Netgalley. My favorite books I read are We Are All So Good at Smiling by Amber McBride, And Yet: Poems by Kate Baer, Everything Is Ok by Debbie Tung, and How We Heal by Alexandra Elle.
  • Try 2 new recipes: I did try two new recipes. One was a simple seafood recipe, the other a grilled cheese BLT sandwich. 
  • Complete 2 half-finished memory-keeping projects: Yikes! This did not happen. I did work on a few projects but didn't complete them. It's hard to choose one to focus on, but I think it would be best to choose one half-finished project to work on each month.
  • Continue to work on my Little Summer Joy mini-album: I didn't work on my mini-album as much as I'd like, and that was only because my photos were delivered close to the end of the month. I'm hoping that I can complete my mini-album in August.
  • Participate in the ALP's 30 Days of Showing Up: Scrap Daily Pages: I did participate in the ALP's 30 Days of Showing Up challenge, but I didn't complete it. I did enjoy working on the prompts that I finished.

August Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read and review 3 books from Netgalley
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping projects
  • Continue to work on my Little Summer Joy mini-album
  • Complete the ALP's 30 Days of Showing up challenge
  • Drink more water
  • Get back to an exercise routine/Stay active
  • Publish one personal piece on the blog


What are your goals for August? How did you do in July?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Georgia de Lotz on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment