Wednesday, September 1, 2021

September Goals

Happy Wednesday and Happy September! I'm so excited that it's finally September! Fall is coming, and I'm so excited. 

Last month was an emotional month. I think I went through a ton of emotions, and some just came right after another. I found myself feeling so anxious about sending my sons to school during a pandemic. I kept questioning whether I was a good mom for sending them back to school in person. Before school was over last year, our school district informed parents that we would have to select whether we wanted our kids to go back to school or continue virtual learning. Since the number of Covid cases was going down, most parents opted to send their kids to school for in-person learning. Now the numbers are rising, and parents no longer have the option of letting their children go back to virtual learning until after December. It's a bit frustrating, and it is nerve-wracking to receive notifications of positive Covid cases among students, faculty, and staff. 

Last month was a month of letting go of toxic people, and unfortunately, that meant a few family members. It is unfortunate when you try to be the bigger person and are thrown in the middle of a feud that you have nothing to do with. I am at a point in my life where I am content and happy. I am not here to take sides or indulge in drama. Sometimes people do not want to understand that, and I guess that's ok, but I am moving along.  

Last month I went to the Silver Comet Trail a few times by myself. And it was glorious. It was definitely what I needed to cheer up. I felt so at peace and have noticed that I feel so much better whenever I am in nature. Everything seems so much clearer, and the sense of peace is beautiful and so comforting. 

This month, I am looking forward to celebrating John's birthday and enjoying a staycation. Fall will be here soon, and I've already enjoyed some Pumpkin Spice lattes and Starbucks' new Apple Crisp Macchiato. Fall break will be here soon, and I can't wait to spend time with my family doing some fun fall activities.



Recap of August Goals

  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon: I accomplished this goal, and I am happy to say that I am finally getting through my long list of Netgalley books. I read and reviewed The Smallest of Bones by Holly Lyn Walrath, On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century Timothy Snyder, Promise That You Will Sing About Me: The Power and Poetry of Kendrick Lamar by Miles Marshall Lewis, and I Am a Force of Nature by Carolyn Kanjuro. I will have to take some time to post my reviews on the blog as well. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: So I didn't try a new recipe, and I don't really have a good excuse for why. I honestly just forgot about this goal. 
  • Complete One Little Word prompt for August: I didn't complete the One Little Word prompt for August, but I did get started on it. I was waiting for some supplies to be mailed, which took a little while, but I did get to work on some of the prompts.
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class: I didn't complete a Skillshare class, but I am still working on the class. I'm currently taking Mari Andrew's Creative Transformation: 9 Exercises to Draw, Write and Discover Your Future class.
  • Post 1 personal piece on the blog: I did share a personal piece (or at least I'm considering it a personal piece). You can check out that post here
  • Exercise 3 times a week: I'm considering this goal as a pass. I went to the Silver Comet Trail (hooray!) a few times, walked around my neighborhood, and got many steps in during the month. 
  • Drink more water: I'm also considering this to be a pass. I didn't drink as much water as I'd like (or probably should), but it was definitely an improvement. 



September Goals

  • Read 6 books
  • Read 2 books that I need to review soon
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Complete One Little Word prompt for September
  • Complete 2 Skillshare classes
  • Post 2 personal pieces on the blog
  • Exercise 3 times a week
  • Drink more water
  • Go to the Silver Comet Trail


What are your goals for September? How did you do in August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Bookblock on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment