Monday, July 5, 2021

July Goals

Happy Monday! How is it already July? It seems like June went by so fast. But I guess the saying is true that time flies when you're having fun. Last month was such a great month. We went on a little staycation to Helen, GA, and enjoyed staying near the mountains. We've gone to the pool a few times and have been enjoying summer so far. 

This month I'm looking forward to celebrating Mami's birthday and going on some more adventures. I can't wait to cross off some more things on my summer bucket list. I'm also excited to work on my new goals for this month. I added a bit more goals this month, and I have a few projects that I'm hoping to complete. 

Since it's a new month, it's time to check out my new goals and have a little recap on how I did with my June goals.


Recap of June Goals

  • Read 5 books: I read a lot in June. I was definitely on a romance kick. Random question: What in the hell is up with romance novel book covers? They either make me laugh way too hard, or they make me cringe. And yes, I've read a couple of books with covers that made me cringe. The blurb either really interested me, which helped me make a decision to read the book. A lot of times, the stories were actually good, but the cover was another story. Thank goodness for e-books because you will never ever catch me with a physical copy of a romance novel. Honestly, I think I need to make a separate blog post about this. Stay tuned.
  • Read 3 books that I have to review soon: I accomplished this goal. I read and reviewed several books for NetGalley. Some of these books are Mother/land by Ananda Lima, A Little Book of Self-Care for Those Who Grieve by Paula Becker, Assholes by Bram Algoed and Micah Stahl, and Horizontal Parenting by Michelle Woo.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I made this recipe that I found on the Atlanta Mom Instagram page. It's such a simple but delicious drink recipe. It's just frozen fruit, and some Prosecco blended together. And it's perfect for summer! I love that it's easy to switch things up with this recipe. 
  • Go for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail: I didn't get to do this, and honestly, I'm not too upset. There were two main reasons why I didn't go for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail. The first being that the weather has been all over the place. It's either been way too hot, or it's been raining. The second reason is that I just didn't make time to actually go. 
  • Complete One Little Word prompts for May and June: I completed the prompts for May, but not June. So I'm planning on working on the prompt(s) for June in the next few days. 
  • Publish 1 personal piece for the blog: I accomplished this! I had wanted to publish a personal piece on the blog for a while now but never got around to doing it. You can read my post here

July Goals
  • Read 6 books
  • Read 4 books that I need to review soon
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Complete One Little Word prompts for July
  • Finish my Christmas 2020 traveler's notebook
  • Complete 2 Skillshare classes
  • Go for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail


What are your goals for July? How did you do in June?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Maddi Bazzocco on Unsplash

1 comment

  1. Your staycation sounds lovely. And romance book covers are interesting for sure. LOL I like some okay, but a lot of the times I don't care to be showing off the covers in public either. hah

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete