Monday, January 18, 2021

One Little Word 2021

We're halfway into January, and I probably should have shared this post at the beginning of the month, but it's better late than never...I guess.


My one little word for 2021 is SEEK. This will be my main word for the year, but I decided to have a second word. My second word is TETHER. When I kept thinking about what my word should be for the year, both of these words kept coming up in my head. It was difficult to decide which word to choose, so I decided to have them both. It makes sense because both of these words are tied to things that are going on in my life right now.

Seek /sēk/ verb

attempt to find (something)
attempt or desire to obtain or achieve (something)
ask for (something) from someone

Tether /ˈteT͟Hər/
noun

1. A rope, chain, strap, or cord for keeping an animal within a certain radius
A similar ropelike restraint used as a safety measure, as for a young child or an astronaut outside a spacecraft
A rope, chain, cable, or other line for restraining or securing an object.

2. The extent or limit of one's resources, abilities, or endurance

3. A range of allowable behavior or responsibility

transitive verb

To restrain or secure with a tether. 


For the past few months, I feel like I have been seeking something in my life. What that something is, I have no idea. I'm not sure if I have been going through this due to the pandemic or because of my milestone birthday (I just turned 30 this month!), but it's been a little frustrating and exciting. As for the word tether, I feel like certain things are holding me back from finding what I am looking for, and some things are tethered to me that will help me find what I am looking for. 

I know that both words will be part of my personal and "work" life. Writing, being creative, and my overall life is going to be influenced by these words. It's actually already happening. I'm still seeking something unknown about my writing, creative hobbies, and myself in general. Maybe this year will be the year that I finally find what I am looking for.

Either way, I can't wait to see the changes and experiences these words will bring for me in 2021. 

What is your word for 2021? What do you hope to accomplish this year?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

1 comment

  1. These words go well together and why not choose two words for the year, if they compliment each other or go hand in hand. I hope you find what you're seeking!

    My word for 2021 is trust. Hard to do, but necessary IMHO.

    ReplyDelete