Monday, January 4, 2021

January Goals

Happy New Year! 2020 felt like the longest year ever, but it also went by really quick. It makes absolutely no sense at all, but I'm sure you all understand what I mean. Last year was definitely a difficult one for most people (myself, included), so I'm happy that it's finally 2021. 

Even though 2020 was a terrible year, it wasn't all that bad. I have a few posts that I hope to publish soon about 2020, so be on the lookout for those. I'm not sure if I'll post about my yearly goals, so this post will focus on my monthly goals.

With that being said since it's a new month (and a new year!), let's check out my new goals for the month, as well as a recap on how I did last month.

Recap of December Goals

  • Read 4 books: I accomplished this goal! I read a few good books and was so happy to catch up on some books that took me a long time to finish. 
  • Finish 2 books (that's been taking me forever to finish reading): I finished reading Uber Bossy by Marika Ray, Tormented by Alison Aimes, and Notes on a Nervous Planet by Matt Haig. All three books were pretty decent reads and honestly shouldn't have taken me so long to read them. 
  • Publish 1 personal piece for the blog: This was a fail. I simply didn't have the time to post and decided to take it easy with blogging in December. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: I finally accomplished this goal! I actually tried two new recipes. Both of them were soups. I tried the Tuscan Chicken Soup from Target, but I substituted the Tuscan broth with the Tortilla Soup Starter broth). I also added corn, potatoes, and carrots. I used the Tortilla Soup Starter broth for the second recipe, but this time, I stuck (mostly) to the recipe on the back of the container. I decided to try to make the Tex Mex Soup recipe with a couple of twists. Last month was definitely a month for soups, simple meals, and comfort food. One of the best things about these two recipes is that my kids loved the soups. 
  • Work in my journal: I accomplished this goal. I worked in my journal a lot more than I expected. I was hoping to finish my journal/sketchbook at the end of December, but I still have a few more pages left. I really hope that I can start a new journal on the day of my birthday.  

January Goals

  • Read 5 books
  • Finish at least 1 book that I didn't finish reading in 2020
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Drink more water
  • Complete my December Daily(ish) travelers notebook
  • Complete the first month of Ali Edwards' One Little Word class
  • Complete 1 class on Skillshare
  • Publish 1 personal piece on the blog


What are your goals for January? How did you do in December? Have you set any yearly goals?

Thanks for visiting! 

Until next time...


Photo by Chimene Gaspar on Unsplash

3 comments

  1. I have some yearly goals, but I know I need to break things down a bit more. Gotta figure it all out. Great job on your Dec. goals!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 books in January... how are you doing? I am shooting for 2/month right now and I am only halfway through the first one.
    I think you set some achievable goals though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've read 13 books! I'm hoping to accomplish my second reading goal for this month.

      Delete