Wednesday, August 5, 2020

August Goals

Happy Wednesday! I can't believe it's August. This year is going by so fast yet so slow. It doesn't make sense, but these are crazy times.

Last month was a mostly quiet month, and I loved it.  We only had two significant events to celebrate - Mami's birthday and our wedding anniversary. I still can't believe that John and I have been married for seven years and have been together for 12 years.

This month, I'm looking forward to easing into a new schedule. Our boys will be starting remote learning soon. Hopefully, everything goes well. I'm also looking forward to seeing hints of fall. I can't wait for cooler weather and all things Autumn.

Well, let's recap on my goals for July and check out my new goals for August.




Recap of July Goals
  • Read five books: I read so much last month! I read over 30 books. Some of them were novellas, so I was able to read multiple books in a day. Some of the books were so good that I stayed up way too late to finish them. 
  • Work in my journal: I'm not sure whether to call this a pass or a fail. I definitely didn't work in my journal as much as I'd like, but at least I did.
  • Publish one personal piece for the blog: This was a fail. Once again, I didn't publish a personal essay. Last month, I didn't really blog. I think I mainly published my weekly Happy List.
  • Continue to work on my e-courses: This was a pass. I haven't completed the courses, but I did work on them. I'm enjoying taking my time with my assignments.
  • Drink more water: This was a fail. Sure I did drink water, but not nearly enough. I really have to do better. 
  • Take more photographs: This was a pass. I took lots of pictures, but I really want to take a lot more. I think I may try another photo challenge.
  • Exercise 3 days a week: This was a fail. I really have to get it together. I don't even have an excuse for not doing this.
August Goals
  • Read five books
  • Work in my journal
  • Publish one personal piece for the blog
  • Work in my Positivity Passport
  • Try 1 new recipe

What are your goals for August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


2 comments

  1. This is a great list of goals! And way to go on overachieving your reading goal of five books a month :-) I’ve been trying to do a bit more of that myself lately but I always fall asleep towards the end of the night LOL. I’m also hoping to continue cooking a little bit more, at least I know what we eat is a little more healthy than if we do takeout all the time. Also I know exactly what you mean in terms of time going by quickly and slowly simultaneously. What strange times we’re living in. Hope you are staying safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job in July, and look at you reading like crazy! That's awesome. I hope you have a wonderful August and that remote learning goes well for the boys.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete