Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July Goals

Happy Wednesday! Can you believe that we are halfway through the year? Time is going by so fast! Last month was kind of a relaxed month for us. We celebrated Father's Day and had dinner at my mom's house. The boys got their haircuts. I even took Raphael to a new-to-us kids hair salon/barbershop. It rained a lot, but I loved it. There's just something about Summer thunderstorms.

This month, I'm looking forward to enjoying the summer. I want to check off so many things on my Summer bucket list. I'm also looking forward to catching up on some TV shows and watching a few movies. I'm excited to watch Hamilton on Disney+. We also have to come up with a decision on whether to let the boys go back to school for face-to-face instruction or opt for social distancing (remote) learning. I'm glad that the school district is giving parents those choices, but we need more information about what their plans are regarding resuming face-to-face learning.

Before I continue to ramble, let's recap on my goals for June and check out my new goals for July.


Recap of June Goals
  • Read five books: I read so much! I've been on a romance novel kick (don't judge me). I've read a few books that made me laugh so hard. I also read a few that made me so mad, but I was so invested in the books that I had to know how they ended. Is that strange? They weren't necessarily bad...some of the characters were just terrible. I guess that's what I get for reading a couple of "dark romance" novels.
  • Work in my journal: I'm happy to say that I did work in my journal. It may not have been as much as I'd like, but that's ok. 
  • Publish personal pieces for the blog: This was a fail. I need to get it together. I keep putting off publishing so many pieces for the blog. 
  • Work on Five Things e-course by Liz Lamoreux: I had so much fun working on this class. I haven't completed it, but it's been so much fun working on the prompts. I'm hoping to complete the course this month.
  • Work on Studio Calico's Summer of Sketches 2020 class: This was a fail. I didn't work on a single sketch or make a layout. I haven't printed photos or ordered any prints, so I didn't work on any sketches. I think I may just wait a few more weeks so I can order a batch of photos to work on for the class.
  • Work on Find Your Voice lessons: This is a pass! I read all the coursework and watched all the videos. I just have to work on the challenges. Find Your Voice was such a fun class. It inspired me to document some new things.
  • Drink more water: I'm not even sure whether to call this a pass or a fail. I did drink more water, but not as much as I should have.
  • Take more photographs: I'm very disappointed in myself that I didn't take a ton of photos. I didn't complete the photo challenge that I signed up for, but I plan to. 
July Goals
  • Read five books
  • Work in my journal
  • Publish one personal piece for the blog
  • Continue to work on my e-courses
  • Drink more water
  • Take more photographs
  • Exercise 3 days a week


What are your goals for July?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment