Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Project Life with Studio Calico

Last month, I mentioned that I planned to start a new Project Life album in July. I was really afraid to start a new album since I never did finish my old one. I felt so pressured to make a layout every week and eventually fell behind. This time, I decided that I would take it easy and just make a layout whenever I felt like it. 


For this month, I decided to use Studio Calico's Fairground Project Life kit. This is an older kit that I barely used. Using a kit is extremely helpful because I didn't have to worry about going through my stash to find the right embellishments or cards. I also used a Currently List for my first layout. Currently cards are such a great way to document your day, week, or month.


This chipboard piece is so cute, but I did have a hard time trying to figure out how to use it in my layout. I ended up adhering some different patterned papers to the chipboard and then adhered it to a blank Project Life card. I wrote down the year and made a couple of doodles.


This is one of my favorite layouts. I love the "Dear Summer" card and decided to use the colors in the words as my palette. I chose two other cards that matched the colors as well as the coordinating alpha stickers.


This is also one of my favorite layouts. Since this was a Fourth of July layout, I decided to stick with a red, white, and blue color palette. I adhered my photo onto a blank Project Life card and then embellished it with a blue and red star as well as used a phrase sticker as a sentiment. Below is a closeup of the layout.


So far I am loving how this album is turning out. I'm not sure if I will only document my Summer, but I can't wait to see how this album looks at the end of the month.

Have you started any new projects?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

12 comments

  1. This is so cute! I love that you are documenting your summer this way! I wish I had more time to scrapbook because you are really getting my creative juices stirred!
    Beth
    http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I hope you are able to scrapbook soon.

      Delete
  2. I love it!! So creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are so pretty and I love your rare selfie! You should take them more often :) I love that you're documenting your summer days together as a family. This time of year zips by so quickly, so it's lovely that you'll have this to remember these fun days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! I'm going to love looking back at this album.

      Delete
  4. I'm so curious about Project Life kits. I really want to get back into scrapbooking and get more caught up on those, but I think for future albums, Project Life would be a bit simpler for me.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Project Life kits. I think it's a really simple way to scrapbook. You don't even need embellishments. You can just simply slip the cards in the sleeve and add your photos.

      Delete
  5. Stunning way to document your summer! I think I've seen something similar at a scrapbooking place and thought it was really cool. Scrapbooking is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. It's such a fun and simple way to scrapbook.

      Delete