Thursday, November 13, 2014

Art Journal--Stars & Outlander

Hello there! So today I wanted to share two pages from my art journal. Even though Halloween is over and the finale of Outlander aired a few weeks ago, these two things are still on my mind. So I of course decided to use that in my art journal. 

I have fallen in love with Outlander and the show's opening theme song is amazing. So I chose to write some of the lyrics down. I used watercolors and my Sharpie brush tip marker.


For my next page, I used Heidi Swapp's color shine mist in black velvet, white acrylic paint, and a Heidi Swapp stencil. I am kind of messed up on a few of stars because I accidentally moved the stencil. So I decided to put a 3x4 journaling card that I made out of white card stock. I ended up using some more of the color shine on the journaling card and added the cat. I purchased the little cat embellishment from Walmart...apparently it's supposed to be confetti, but I thought it would be perfect on some journaling cards and handmade greeting cards.


It was fun using some new products and trying new techniques. I definitely plan to to use these techniques again.

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment