Sunday, June 22, 2014

One Little Word 2014

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope you have all had a great weekend.

This year I am participating in Ali Edwards' One Little Word workshop. I have been a little behind on some of the prompts. However, I was able to catch up on all of the prompts. I only have to print out a picture of my vision board (March's prompt) and put it in my album. Then I can work on June's prompt.

My word for 2014 is CREATE. I kept thinking about what word to choose and create just kept popping up in my head.

Vision Board

This is the vision board that I created. I believe that I may have posted about my vision board before (or I uploaded a picture of it). I love how it came it out and plan to frame it. 


One of my favorite things about my vision board is the card that I used. If you notice the card has a heart in the front and opens up. Inside the card I was able to put some words inside. I loved that the card gave me additional space on my vision board.



 


 The two pictures above are part of April's prompt. The smaller pictures have labels on them. I decided to reflect on some things from 2013 such as my wedding as well as focus on my goals for 2014.

  • Create: Change
  • To create is to complete projects
  • To create is to make memories
  • Create: Happiness
  • To create is to make plans
  • To create is to make new projects
  • To create is to have new blog giveaways and blog posts
  • Try new things
  • Create(d): The wedding we want


The large picture has journaling on it that explains what I am letting go. The main thing that I am letting go is fear. Everyone has a fear or two and a lot of times fear can hold us back. I am actually glad that this prompt was about letting go of something for the month. However, I decided to focus not only on the month, but for the whole year as well.


The above picture is May's prompt. We were able to get artsy with this month's prompt. I followed the tutorial/experiment on Heather Greenwood's blog. I used gesso with most of the cards except for the middle card on the first row. I like how they came out especially since I was able to put alpha and word stickers as well as the little star embellishments. 

I still have a lot to work on with my word. Sometimes it can be hard to create things whether it is creating a project or not. However, I am up for the challenge and will continue to embrace everything that comes along with creating.

That's all for tonight. Are you participating in Ali Edwards' workshop? If so how are you doing with your word? How are you doing with the prompts?

Until next time...

Emi

No comments

Post a Comment