Monday, October 7, 2024

October Goals

Happy Monday! I can't believe we're already a week into October, but I'm excited that it's finally here. October is one of my favorite months of the year. I absolutely come alive during the fall, especially during October. 

Last month was a busy month. We went to a food festival in our city, where we bought some treats, and the boys played on some of the bounce houses. While on fall break from work and school, we also went to the North Georgia State Fair. We also went to the farmers market a couple of times throughout the month. 

We celebrated John's birthday. John and I explored the Marietta Square and found a new-to-us bookshop. We also found some new-to-us stores that carry some of our favorite hard-to-find (aka usually found in online stores) products. 

John and I went on three dates—seriously, three in one month. We had brunch at Atkins Park Tavern, lunch at Cousins Maine Lobster, and dinner at Siete Tacos and Tequila. I absolutely recommend the Banana Chocolate Foster Pancakes from Atkins Park Tavern, the Lobster Grilled Cheese and Lobster Quesadilla from Cousins Maine Lobster, and the Beef Quesabirria Tacos from Siete Tacos.

I bought some new Halloween-themed mugs and decorated our dining room table. It's incredible what a simple change on the dining room table can make for the room. Our new pantry cabinet was delivered, which John and I were both excited about. 

I'm excited to go to our city's Spooky Festival this month. I also hope we get to attend a couple more Fall Festivals. I'm looking forward to watching a few scary movies and series, reading some good books, and listening to all the Fall and Halloween music. I'm also really excited to take the boys trick-or-treating. It's hitting me a little hard that Michael and Gabriel are getting to that age where they don't seem as interested in trick-or-treating. In fact, they almost opted out of getting new costumes this year. I'm so glad that they didn't.

I'm also looking forward to spending time with my family. My little sister's baby shower is in October, and I can't wait to help her celebrate. It's her birthday in October, so I'm excited to celebrate her day.

Before I continue to ramble about everything I want to do this month, let's get to the point of this post, which is to share my goals. But first, let's recap my September Goals and then jump to my new goals for October. 



Recap of September Goals
  • Read 5 books: I read a lot of books in September. Once again, it was a mix of different genres—children's books, poetry, romance, nonfiction, and even a biography. My favorite read of the month was Snowed In & Snuggle Weather by Elise Kennedy.
  • Try 2 new recipes: I honestly can't remember if I made any new recipes, so I assume I didn't.
  • Work in my sketchbook/art journal: I didn't work in my sketchbook as much as I wanted to. I'm really hoping I have enough time to work on my sketchbook this month.
  • Participate in Exhale's September blog hop: I'm disappointed that I didn't participate in the blog hop. I really wanted to, but I got stuck on what I wanted to share. I'll probably try to work on my piece some more because I really do love the prompt.
  • Work on my Savannah and Tybee Island album: Yikes! I definitely forgot to work on this album. I really don't want it to be an unfinished project, so I'm planning to schedule time to work on it.
  • Go to at least one local event: We had a blast at the North Georgia fair. Going to the fair during the fall is one of my favorite fall traditions. We got on a bunch of rides and ate some treats. We loved the fried Oreos (10/10 would recommend) and strawberry swirl soft serve ice cream. 
  • Publish a post for the Atlanta Mom blog: I did share a new post for the Atlanta Mom Blog. I shared a post on sangria recipes. You can check out my post here.


October Goals
  • Read 6 books
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Work in my sketchbook/art journal
  • Participate in Exhale's October blog hop
  • Work on one of the past Exhale blog hop prompts I didn't finish
  • Work on my Savannah and Tybee Island album
  • Go to at least one local event
  • Go to the Silver Comet Trail at least twice in the month


What are your goals for October? How did you do in September?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Aggie Marder on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment