Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January Goals

Happy New Year! I'm a few days late, but I usually take a few extra days since it's my birthday week. 2022 was a wild ride. I've said it before, most of the year was great, but the last part of the year was brutal, especially the month of November. Oh my goodness, I think I felt every emotion in November and felt like I was being pulled in so many different directions. December was not as stressful and was a much more gentle and more relaxed month than November. 

I've spent the past few days reflecting on 2022 and thinking about what I want in 2023. I didn't have a word for 2022, which is odd. However, I have a word for 2023...well I've narrowed it down to at least 2-3 words. I'll share more of that soon, but I may end up having a couple of words rather than just one. Has that ever happened to you? How do you pick just one word when several keep coming back to you? 

I only made a few goals in December because I tend to not work on my goals during that month. It's a hectic month, and even though I still set goals in December, I always give myself some grace. If I accomplish my goals in December, that's awesome, but if I don't, it's ok. I'm surprised at the number of goals I achieved, especially since I forgot about my goals. 

Before I continue to ramble, let's get back to the point of this post which is to share my goals for January and recap how I did with my December goals.




Recap of December Goals
  • Read 5 books: I read 29 books. Most of them were novellas and holiday-themed books, which I absolutely loved. One of my favorite reads for December was You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows by Piper Rayne. Another favorite read was Wild Tongues Can't Be Tamed, a collection of 15 original essays by multiple authors.
  • Read and review 2 books I received from Netgalley: I read and reviewed Out of the Fires by Carrie Lara, I Gave Myself the World by Catarine Hancock, I Always Think It's Forever by Timothy Goodman, and Ode to a Nobody by Caroline Brooks DuBois. I really loved Timothy Goodman's book and definitely recommend it.
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project: Yikes! I did not do this. I still have so many unfinished projects; I'm somewhat tempted to cut my losses and let a few of them go. However, I really don't want to stop working on them. What do you usually do when you have unfinished projects? 
  • Publish 2 personal pieces on the blog: I shared my piece for the Exhale blog hop (find more info below) and my monthly list post and coffee date post.
  • Participate in Exhale's December blog hop: I was really excited to participate in last month's blog hop. I almost missed it, but I'm so glad I didn't. You can check out my piece here.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I made some frosting-filled chocolate chip cookies and followed this recipe by Cinnabon. They turned out great, and I plan on trying some more recipes using Cinnabon's frosting.


January Goals

  • Read 3 books that I didn't finish in 2022
  • Read and review 3 books I received from Netgalley
  • Publish 2 personal pieces on the blog
  • Participate in Exhale's January blog hop
  • Try 1 new recipe


What are your goals for January? How did you do in December? Have you set any yearly goals?


Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Content Pixie on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment