Monday, June 6, 2022

June Goals

Happy Monday! We are almost a week into June, and I'm late posting my goals for the month, but I'm sharing them now. Last month was a super crazy month. We celebrated Michael's birthday, my nephew's first birthday, and had lots to do before the end of the school year. The boys took their school tests, and they were so excited about the end of the school year. I think I may have been a little more excited than they were. 

Overall most of the month was a great month, but then the shooting at Uvalde happened. I felt a bit guilty celebrating so many events when families are grieving the loss of loved ones. I'm still trying to come up with the words to explain how I'm feeling, but I'm finding that I'm not there yet.

I was so excited once the end of May was here because my emotions were all over the place, and it was just a hectic and overwhelming month.

Now that it's a new month let's check out my goals for June as well as have a recap on how I did with my goals in May.

Recap of May Goals

  • Read 8 books: I read 34 books. Some were short story collections, novellas, novels, etc. Some of the books I read were ones that I didn't finish reading the previous month.
  • Try 2 new recipes: I made Hot Chocolate Coffee, and I have to say I wasn't that big of a fan. I think I may have added too much chocolate. I can't remember if I made a second new recipe, so I'm going to assume that I didn't make one. I really need to keep better track of the new recipes I'm trying.
  • Work on #GetMessyMay journal: I did work on the #GetMessyMay challenge, but I didn't work on it as much as I'd like, and I didn't get to complete the challenge. However, I plan to continue to work on this challenge this month.
  • Read and review 4 books from Netgalley: I read and reviewed 3 books that I received from Netgalley. I read The Lonely Stories, a great collection of essays by various writers, How to Live Like the Little Prince by Stéphane Garnier, and Walking Gentry Home by Alora Young. Do yourself a favor and read Walking Gentry Home. It was an excellent read.
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project: I didn't complete any of my half-finished memory-keeping projects, but I did work on a couple of them.


June Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read and review 3 books from Netgalley
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Publish 1 personal essay
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory keeping project
  • Work on Little Summer Joy mini-album
  • Work on 1 ALP prompt

What are your goals for June? How did you do in May?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Content Pixie on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment