Monday, October 4, 2021

October Goals

Happy Monday! It's finally October, and I'm so excited. You may not know, but October is one of my favorite months. It's spooky season, and fall is in full force (well, as much as it can be in the South), but my favorite season is here, which makes it so much better. 

Last month was a pretty good month, even though I didn't get a lot of goals accomplished. And you know what? I'm actually ok with that. September was great. We celebrated John's birthday, the boys had a fall break from school, and we had a staycation during that time. It was absolutely fantastic. It had been years since I've been to a fair, so we decided to go to the North Georgia State Fair. I've bought so many seasonal baked goods and treats. I've started purchasing and organizing the boys' fall and winter weather clothing. I have been in a significant planning mood. I've been planning so many things for the next couple of months. It's a bit weird, even though I love to plan things in advance. 

This month, I'm looking forward to crossing some more things on my fall bucket list. I'm looking forward to watching scary movies and TV shows, working on my memory-keeping projects, and completing some courses and challenges. I'm also looking forward to going to some fall festivals and Halloween events. 


Recap of September Goals

  • Read 6 books: I accomplished this goal! I think September may have been the month that I've read the most out of the year. I read over 50 books. To be fair, many of these books were novellas and short stories, but I still count them as books. 
  • I reviewed seven books for Netgalley. Read 2 books that I need to review soon: I also accomplished this goal. I still have several books that I need to read and review for Netgalley, but I'm so glad that my list is decreasing. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: I'm considering this a fail because I honestly can't remember if I tried a new recipe. I really need a way to keep better track of this, and I also need a better way to remember to try a new recipe.
  • Complete One Little Word prompt for September: This is a partial pass and fail. So I didn't actually finish the prompt, but I was so close. 
  • Complete 2 Skillshare classes: I did work on a few courses, but I didn't complete them. I'm not too upset about not achieving this goal, but I hope to catch up on the classes soon.
  • Post 2 personal pieces on the blog: I'm not sure if I would consider my two blog posts personal pieces. I guess that depends on the reader and myself. One of the posts was my fall bucket list and the other was my end-of-the-month list of reflections. I felt like I had so much to say but just couldn't figure out the best way to put everything into words. I may have to just do a brain dump one day.
  • Exercise 3 times a week: I'm not even sure whether to call this a pass or a fail. I didn't actually keep track of this goal, but I am happy that I did exercise more than I usually do. 
  • Drink more water: This is another goal that I really need to track better. I know I didn't drink as much water as I should, but it was definitely an improvement.
  • Go to the Silver Comet Trail: I went to the Silver Comet Trail and was so into my walk that I didn't realize how far I went until my surroundings looked very different! I actually walked about 8 miles to and back. I was so impressed with myself, but I was so exhausted. My body was definitely pushed to the limit, but mentally and emotionally, I felt so free and at peace. I felt calm, and my mind felt so much clearer.


October Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon
  • Catch up on my One Little Word project
  • Post 2 personal pieces on the blog
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Work on my Christmas travelers notebook
  • Catch up on my Project Life album

What are your goals for October? How did you do in September?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by eleni koureas on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment