Monday, August 2, 2021

August Goals

Happy Monday! I can't believe that it's finally August and it's the first day of school! This year is just flying by. 

Last month was a busy, productive, and at times a fun month. We celebrated Mami's birthday and got to see a few family members that we hadn't seen in about two years. We started to get ready for the new school year. I can't believe that my oldest son is now in middle school, and my youngest is starting pre-k. There are so many changes for this new school year, and I'm both excited and nervous. 

This month, I'm looking forward to seeing how my boys adjust to the new school year. I'm hoping to write more and share more personal pieces. I'm looking forward to exercising more. I'm also excited to work on some e-courses. I think this month will be very productive, and I can't wait to see if I'm able to accomplish all of my monthly goals for the month.

Since it's a new month, it's time to check out my new goals and have a little recap on how I did on last month's goals. Are you ready? Ok. Let's go.



 

Recap of July Goals

  • Read 6 books: I definitely read more than 6 books in July. I was on a roll. I'm still trying to catch up on the list of books that I need to read and review for Netgalley, but I'm glad that I'm starting to catch up.
  • Read 4 books that I need to review soon: I read 6 books from Netgalley and reviewed them. The books that I read are The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of the Whole Stupid World by Matt Kracht, You Did What? by Tova Leigh, Watering the Soul by Courtney Peppernell, Mixed Media Color Studio by Kellee Wynne Conrad, How to Be Fearless by Jessica Hagy, and Willodeen by Katherine Applegate. I may post a couple reviews of these books on the blog as well. FYI, I really loved Willodeen. It was probably my favorite book for July.
  • Try 2 new recipes: Yeah...so I didn't try any new recipes. Maybe I'll do this in August?
  • Complete One Little Word prompts for July: I completed the prompt for July. It felt so good to use watercolors again. I haven't used my watercolor or acrylic paints in a while. I definitely plan on using them again soon.
  • Finish my Christmas 2020 traveler's notebook: So I didn't complete my traveler's notebook, but I did work on a few pages. I really hope that I can finish this traveler's notebook soon. Hopefully, before the year ends.
  • Go for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail: I did not get to go to the Silver Comet Trail. The weather played a big part in why I didn't go, but July was such a busy month. 


August Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Complete One Little Word prompt for August
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class
  • Post 1 personal piece on the blog
  • Exercise 3 times a week
  • Drink more water


What are your goals for August? How did you do in July?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Joanna Kosinska on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment