Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June Goals

Happy Tuesday! It's finally June, and I am so glad that May is over. Usually, May is one of my favorite months, but boy, was last month just a complete dumpster fire. I reread last month's post, and I realized how quickly things can just change in a blink of an eye. 

Sure, it wasn't all bad. I enjoyed celebrating Michael's birthday and celebrating Mother's Day. The school year is finally over (I'm still so excited about this), and my oldest son is now heading to middle school (he's getting so big). We celebrated the end of the school year with a parade for the 5th graders. I was so excited that I even bought some treats to celebrate some more at home with my family. My mami made a brunch as well. It was a perfect day.

The middle of May was absolutely terrible. I won't go into so many details, but let's just say that there was so much crying and rage. I really felt like I was just falling apart and didn't know what the hell I needed to do. My anxiety was just through the roof. I don't think I ever felt as helpless as I did during May, and I hope to never feel that way again. I definitely took the time to take care of myself and work on some things. Journaling and reading helped a lot. Spending time with my family also helped a lot. 

As far as goals go, I'm honestly surprised that I could accomplish some of them this month. Several of those goals definitely took a back seat. I either forgot about a few of them, or I just decided not to worry too much about them, considering everything that was going on. So it's a new month, and I have some new goals. Let's check out my new goals for June, as well as check out which goals I accomplished in May.

Recap of May Goals

  • Finish reading 3 books that I didn't finish last month: I read so much last month. Reading has definitely been a big part of comforting me and self-care. The books that I read that helped me accomplish this goal are: Plan a Happy Life by Stephanie Fleming, Second Chance Valentine by Annie J. Rose, The Archer by Paulo Coelho, and You Always Change the Love of Your Life by Amalia Andrade. 
  • Read one of the books that I have to review soon: I reviewed Plan a Happy Life by Stephanie Fleming. You can check out the review on Goodreads, but I may just post the review on my blog as well. 
  • Complete One Little Word prompts for April: I'm unsure whether to consider this a pass or a fail. I don't think I want to follow all of the prompts for April. Instead, I think I may alter the ones that I didn't complete. Technically, I could call it done, but I still feel like something is missing in my work for April. 
  • Complete Here: Touchstones class: I didn't accomplish this goal, but I did work on the class. I've enjoyed it, and I actually like that I'm taking my time with the prompts. I highly recommend this class. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: So, um, I didn't try a new recipe. Or at least I can't remember. 
  • Publish 1 personal piece for the blog: This was a fail. I already know what I want to write; I just didn't take the time to actually write the piece. 
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class: I completed a class by Yasmine Cheyenne. It was a short class, but I loved the information. 
June Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 3 books that I have to review soon
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Go for a walk on the Silver Comet Trail
  • Complete One Little Word prompts for May and June
  • Publish 1 personal piece for the blog
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class


What are your goals for June? How did you do in May?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment