Monday, May 3, 2021

May Goals

It's finally May! One of my favorite months of the year. This month is usually a busy but fun month. There are so many things and people to celebrate. I'm looking forward to so many things this month. Michael's birthday is coming up soon, my little sister is due any day now, Mother's Day is in a few days, and the last day of school is in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a great month. 

Last month was ok. The best part was celebrating Raphael's birthday. We had so much fun. I can't believe my baby is 3 years old now. We're still house hunting, and I'm still hopeful that we'll find something soon. I'm still dreaming up ways that I want to decorate our house once we finally find the right house for us. 

As far as goals go, I think I did somewhat ok on my goals. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't accomplish some of my goals, but I am pleased with the ones that I did accomplish. Since it's a new month, let's check out my new goals for the month and have a little recap on how I did on last month's goals.



Recap of April Goals

  • Finish reading 2 books that I didn't finish last month: I accomplished this goal. I read Fae's Queen by Lily Archer and Shattered Empress by Brook Wilder. I read a lot of other books as well. It was a good month to read.
  • Read one of the books that I have to review soon: I read Home Is Not a Country by Safia Elhillo. This book was amazing! I highly recommend it. I shared my review on Goodreads but haven't posted one on the blog yet. I will have to do that soon. 
  • Complete the One Little Word prompts for March and April: I completed the prompts for March, but not for April. So I guess this is a half-accomplished goal (is that a thing?).
  • Complete the Here: Touchstones class by Liz Lamoreux: I didn't complete the course, but I have been working on the prompts. I got stuck on a few prompts and started to overthink them, so I skipped a few of them.
  • Try 1 new recipe: This was a fail. I have no excuses other than I simply forgot and stuck to my go-to recipes.
  • Drink more water: I'm not sure what to consider this. I did drink more water, but not as much as I should have. 
  • Publish 1 personal piece for the blog: This was a fail. I have no excuse as to why I didn't publish a post. I certainly had time but just didn't set aside time for my blog. 

May Goals

  • Finish reading 3 books that I didn't finish last month
  • Read one of the books that I have to review soon
  • Complete One Little Word prompts for April
  • Complete Here: Touchstones class
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Publish 1 personal piece for the blog
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class

What are your goals for May? How did you do in April?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Laura Olsen on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment