Monday, July 3, 2023

July Goals

Happy Monday! Can you believe that it's July? Summer is going by way too fast and I'm kind of sad about it. School will start again next month and we'll have to get back to our normal routine. So I'm planning to enjoy this month as much as possible. 

Last month was great. We aren't going out of town this year so we've been busy having fun around town. We've also been going to the pool and going out to get ice cream. We celebrated Father's Day. I read so many good books in June which was perfect timing because it rained off and on all month.

This month is going to be so busy, but also full of fun events. Today is Mami's birthday and in the next couple of weeks, John and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! We still have so many things to do and places to see.

However, I've already started planning for Back-to-School shopping and preparing to head back to work after summer ends. Although it's going to be a busy month, I still have a few goals that I hope to accomplish, but I'm going to give myself some grace this month. I wouldn't be surprised if I barely get any of my monthly goals completed, but I'll try to remember them. 

Since I mentioned my monthly goals, let's have a quick recap on how I did with my goals for June and check out my new goals for July.


Recap of June Goals


  • Read 2 books I borrowed from the library: I read Time Is a Mother by Ocean Vuong. I have heard such great things about Ocean's work so I decided to read his poetry collection. It did not disappoint. I also read Night Sky with Exit Wounds by Ocean Vuong. This was another great collection of poetry. I will say that I did enjoy Time Is a Mother more than I did Night Sky with Exit Wounds. I definitely plan to read more of his work and I have put a hold on his book, On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous.

  • Try 1 new recipe: So this isn't a homemade recipe, but I'm still going to count this since I did have to follow a recipe, but I made some Pillsbury funfetti donuts. I was so excited to use my new donut pan and making donuts was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

  • Drink more water: I did drink more water, but still not as much as I should. 

  • Complete at least 2 One Little Word lessons: Yikes! I didn't work on my One Little Word lessons, but I did read through the lessons and prompts. I plan on completing the lessons in one of my Studio Calico travelers notebooks.

  • Work in my sketchbook: I didn't work in my sketchbook as much as I'd like, in fact, I only "worked" on the first page. I always find it intimidating to start working in a new sketchbook or journal. The first page always makes me overthink and it's always a struggle to get started. At least, I finally put something on the first page so I'm calling it a win.

  • Continue to work on my 2023 Project Life album: I did work on my Project Life album. I'm slowly working through the layouts, but I've been having so much fun going through my supplies and putting them to use. Lately, I've been using my kits from Paper Person for most of my layouts. I've also used some supplies from Studio Calico. 

July Goals
  • Read and review 2 books I received from Netgalley
  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson
  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album
  • Work on one of my incomplete December Daily journals



What are your goals for July? How did you do in June?


Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by 2H Media on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment