Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Your Time Will Come


A friend of mine posted something on Facebook that has stuck with me for a few weeks. She wrote that she loves that so many of her friends are at a point in their lives where they have figured out how to balance work, family, and time for themselves while accomplishing their goals. She also mentioned that she hopes to get to that point in her life soon, but was feeling so overwhelmed and asked for advice. After reading the comments on her post, I noticed that so many people agreed with what she posted.

I think everyone has this same thought at one point in their lives. As we get older, we try to figure out what we want to do with our lives and balancing everything that we want to do can sometimes be challenging. I'm not an expert at life, but I did tell her that I think one of the most important things to remember is to not compare yourself to others. Everyone has their own life...their own journey. We all have different things that we want to accomplish. Some of our mutual friends are into music, writing, business, film, etc. Some of our friends are already parents while we still have a few friends who are trying to figure out what they want in a relationship.


Another important thing to remember is that we all need to do what is right for our own life. What may work for one person or family may not work for all of us. It's ok to have to adjust our routines to fit our lives. Life is not a competition. Your time will come. You will eventually find out what works for you.

One of the best things about that post and the comments was how everyone was so open and honest about their feelings. I love how so many of our mutual friends (and even people that we didn't know) could relate and were so supportive of each other. In the end, so many people made new friends and shared their websites, blogs, shops, music, etc. as well as their goals. The support and the encouragement on that post was incredible.

How do you balance work, family, and time for yourself? 

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

Photo by Chris Adamus on Unsplash

10 comments

  1. That was so wonderful to read. I wrote a post similar to this when I first started my blog last year so i can relate to this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true, everyone is on their own journey and the minute we stop comparing ourselves so much to others, we're free to enjoy that journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Beth. The journey will be so enjoyable if we stop comparing ourselves to others.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great post! I love when people come together and share their stories. And you're so right - we're all on different journeys, even if the outside LOOKS like the same (say, two people are both married with kids, etc. - it's different for them).

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. That is so true. Two married couples with kids will most likely have their own journey. There may be some similarities, but there will still be some differences.

      Delete
  4. Someone once told me something that has resonated so deeply for so long. Balance isn't about trying to fit everything in. Balance is CHOOSING what you want to prioritize. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with that quote. I think it's so important to choose what you want to prioritize.

      Delete
  5. I've had this exact thought many times. It seems like so many of my friends have their lives perfectly on track, then I realize that I'm only seeing part of their lives. Balance is so important and it's tricky to master. I have to be intentional in setting my priorities and making sure I set time aside for the things that are important to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lecy. Balance is important and it's important to set time for things that you want to prioritize.

      Delete