Monday, August 7, 2017

Back to School Scrapbook Layout

Happy Monday! Last week was such a busy week. My boys started school and I cannot believe that I have a second grader and a kindergartner. My boys are getting so big. Today I'm sharing a layout of my oldest son's first day of second grade.


To make this layout, I used the Freckled Fawn's August sketch as a starting point. I added a few twists to the layout and decided to use just two photos instead of three. This layout was very simple to make. I just adhered some washi tape to the top and bottom corners of my layout. Then I adhered my photos. I added some journaling lines and then my journaling. Once all of that was in place, I put all of my embellishments around the photos and added some on top of my photos.


I tried to use embellishments that matched the colors of my photos. I love the hint of glitter on some of the chipboard stickers.


I loved making this layout and documenting my son's first day of school. Be on the lookout this week for the Project Life layout of my youngest son's first day of Kindergarten.

Supplies Used:

Are you ready for Back to School season?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

13 comments

  1. Aw, I love that you're documenting these days. The glitter stickers are too fun.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout! I love the washi tape. It's my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish. I have so many washi tape that I have been trying to use them on a lot of my projects.

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I love how scrapbooking can combine artistic creativity with emotional sentiment. We always want to remember moments like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's going to be great looking back at my scrapbook albums.

      Delete
  4. This is so cute and such a fun way to document the first day of school!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great layouts! I can't believe kids have started back to school already. Hope the first week went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryl. My boys had a great first week. School did start a bit early this year usually school starts in August.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely way to remember his first day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to continue to document the rest of their school year.

      Delete