Monday, March 13, 2017

Indie Arts Alliance - Free Art Movement

Happy Monday! I am so excited to share with you all about this community/group called Indie Arts Alliance. A couple of weeks ago, I found out about this group on Instagram. I swear social media can be so freaking awesome. I kept seeing people hashtag "Free Art Friday" and "FAF" so I decided to look up what exactly this was.

Every Friday, artists all over the world leave pieces of artwork around their community for the general public. Who ever finds the piece of art gets to keep it. The person then shares the art that they found on social media and uses the appropriate hashtags as well as tags the artist (or comments on the  artist's page) so that he or she knows that their work was found. You can find more information about Free Art Friday as well as which cities and countries are participating here.

So Indie Arts Alliance is a community/group of people who loves art. The group has even created their own little Free Art Movement for Smyrna. I decided that I wanted to see if I could find any pieces of art, but unfortunately I could not. I decided to try again the next week and I was successful in finding a really cool piece of art.


I found this adorable "Party Llama" that Emily Hassman created. I was so excited to find it. 


Seriously how freaking cute is that llama?! I can't wait to see what other pieces of art I can find every Friday. My boys were so excited when I showed them this piece and asked if they could come with me next time so that they can find some art. They even want to make some art and leave it for others to find!

For more information on the Indie Arts Alliance group check out the links below.


Instagram: @indieartsalliance

Twitter: @NDRTSAlliance

For more information on Emily's artwork check out the links below.

Instagram: @emily_hassman

Blog: Boolean

Etsy: Boolean Shop

Shop Instagram: @boolean.shop

Do you participate in the Free Art Movement in your community? Have you found any art?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

2 comments

  1. Oh, my goodness... what a wonderful movement that is (and I am in LOVE with that llama! So cute!!). Thanks for sharing :)

    Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete