Monday, November 7, 2016

To The Sweet Poll Worker

To the sweet poll worker that I encountered last Friday,

You may not remember me, but I will always remember you. While we had a very short conversation, what you said to me will stay with me for a very long time.

You: Good morning. Is this your first or second time voting?

Me: My first time.

You: That is great. You are doing your civic duty.

Me: Yes ma'am. Thank you.

What made this conversation so meaningful to me was that you said "You are doing your civic duty." I am sure that most people (hopefully everyone) are aware that women fought for the right to vote. It still amazes me that women even had to fight in order to have this right. As I stood in line and looked around, I could not help but think about those women who had to fight in order to vote. I thought to myself "My goodness. Imagine if I walked over here to vote and was turned away because I am a woman". We have come a long way, but that does not mean that we have to stop. We must continue to fight for women's rights.


Please don't forget to vote!

Until next time...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments

Post a Comment