Monday, July 18, 2016

The Week Where So Many Things Went Wrong

Well you guys...I am back! You may or may not have noticed that I haven't blogged for about a week and a half. The reason why is because I had some major technical difficulties last week. Like seriously, it was so bad.



So yeah...this happened (see pic above). My charger literally just snapped by itself. Before I get into my charger issue, I should probably start at the beginning. The Sunday before last, my laptop randomly shut off and it took a few minutes to turn back on. I immediately called Apple because I thought something was wrong and a page popped up asking me to download a weird Mac protector. So the Apple technician that I spoke with helped me with that issue. After hanging up and thinking all was good, I noticed that my laptop was no longer charging. I tried all of the outlets in the house and none of them worked for my laptop. And guess what, I had to call Apple again.

I spoke with a different technician who thought that maybe my charger was broken. While I was speaking with her, I noticed that there was a slit on the thin cord of the charger which I know was not there when I spoke with the first technician. I informed the woman and while we were talking, I noticed a few sparks and actually got shocked myself. Don't worry, I'm ok. I unplugged the the charger and that's when the cord completely snapped off. When John came home from work, we went to go buy a new one.

When we got home, I went to charge my laptop and guess what? Do you think it worked? Nope! My laptop still wasn't charging! So I had to call Apple again! I told the third technician about my two previous calls and she told me that the issue was with my laptop. So we had to make an appointment. I was really hoping that I would get an appointment the next day, but the next available one was not until Tuesday. So on Tuesday, I went to Apple and was told that my laptop would be taken to a repair center and that it should take 3-5 days. Seriously...#bloggerproblems. Luckily, I got my laptop back in four days and I didn't even have to pay (Yay AppleCare!), but now I am super behind on a lot of stuff.

I was planning to write a few blog posts on Saturday, but the boys and I caught a Summer cold. So I decided to just try and rest for the rest of the weekend. I'm hoping that now that I have everything working that I can catch up on a lot of work. Hopefully your weekend was much better than mine.

What were you up to last week?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment