Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mother, Can You Not?--Blogging for Books Review

Hey! So lately I have really been into reading (and adding to my TBR list) nonfiction and humor books. I have never heard of Katie Siegel or her Instagram page which you can check out here. However, the book caught my eye so I decided to check it out.



Mother, Can You Not? is a book of essays about Kate and her mother's relationship. Most people do not have the kind of relationship that Kate and her mother have and it was interesting to read about it. I thought the book was funny, and there were plenty of decent stories in the book. I love that the book included emails and text messages that they sent to each other. Two of my favorite stories from the book are Green Eggs and Sperm as well as I Am Woman. These two stories were funny, but was about an important topic that all parents eventually have to have with their kids and in this case especially girls. The only thing that kind of annoyed me was that word "vagina" popped up like a million times within the first few pages. Don't get me wrong, some of the jokes were funny, but it gets annoying when it's mentioned a lot and makes it seem like that is the the only thing she knew how to and can joke about is that.

Would I actually purchase this book? Honestly, I am not too sure. I would definitely borrow it from the library. Overall, I would give this a 3/5 stars.

Have you read Mother, Can You Not? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments

Post a Comment