Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Dylusions Paints Review

Hey! Hey! Today I have something very exciting to share with you all! If you follow me on Instagram, then you may have seen some pictures of the Dylusions Paints that I received for Mother's Day. I got some of the paints as an early Mother's Day gift and the rest I got on Mother's Day. You can check out some of my pictures of the paints here.


After watching some videos on Youtube of the paints and checking out some pictures of the paints and projects on Instagram, I decided that I had to get them. I thought that there were only 12 in the collection, but apparently there are 18. Unfortunately, my local Michaels only has the original 12 so I will have to order the other 6 online or try to find them in another shop.


Anyways, these paints are awesome! They are so bright and extremely fluid. Seriously, you have to be very careful when you open them because they may spill. There was no strong odor and the colors dry really fast. I did hear that you should put the lid back on the container so that the paint won't dry out, but I do it mainly because I do not want the paint to spill. Yes, I can be a bit clumsy. You may also tell that I used the paint that was on the lid. I have been using the paint that is in the lid first rather than just going into the actual container. Oh and a little paint goes a long way. I was amazed at how little paint I used and was very impressed that I did not need a lot of paint to cover large areas. Applying the paint is very easy and you can use these paints in various ways. I have been using baby wipes to blend the colors and have been using other things that I normally would never use. For instance, I used a business card to make lines on some projects (like on the art below) and even the cardboard roll (from a paper towel roll) to make circles.


The photo above is an art journal page that I made in my Dylusions Creative Journal using Cut Grass, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, and Black Marble. I used some baby wipes to blend the colors. After the paint dried, I used a business card to make some lines using the black paint. I did use Liquitex Gesso to prime my page. One thing that I do recommend is that you use gesso, but it is a personal preference.

What do you think of Dylusions Paints? Have you tried them? If so, what did you make?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

P.S. I would like to note that I was not compensated or asked to write this review. I wrote it because I really love this product. All opinions are my own.

No comments

Post a Comment