Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hello Cards--Garden Party

Happy Wednesday! I have been trying to use up a lot of my supplies especially my Freckled Fawn kits. I have been subscribing to Freckled Fawn for a little over a year now and I still have items from every single one of the kits that I received. This is awesome because it means that these kits really can be used on various projects. In an attempt to try and use up my kits, I have been making lots of cards, tags, Project Life cards, and scrapbook layouts. Today, I want to share a couple of cards that I made using a previous Freckled Fawn kit and the Garden Party paper pad that I found at Tuesday Morning.


Can you believe that both of these cards were made primarily with one page from the 6x6 paper pad. I used a polka dot paper from the pad as the background for the card on the left and then used the remaining cut apart paper on it. I added some heart shaped enamel dots and some some thickers to spell out "Hello". Most of the cut apart paper is used on the card on the right. I added a butterfly shaped wood veneer and some yellow puffy stickers to make the card pop. Below are close ups of the cards.

I love the heart shaped enamel dots on this card. I think the April 2015 Freckled Fawn kit and the Garden Party paper pad really coordinates perfectly.


I absolutely love the cut apart paper! I decided to primarily use it on this card and once I trimmed the paper to fit the card, I noticed that I had some leftovers which is why I used the rest on the other card. Since part of the images were cut, I decided to simply add a wood veneer butterfly to one of the rectangles. To add a pop of color, I used some yellow puffy stickers to spell out the "Hi" sentiment.

These cards just scream Spring and I love it. Normally, I am not too into florals and plants in my cards and other projects, but I'm starting to have a change of heart. Don't be surprised if you see more florals and plants in a few more projects.

Supplies Used:

  • Garden Party 6x6 Paper Pad
  • Freckled Fawn-April 2015 Kit
  • American Crafts Blooms Thickers
  • Tombow Mini Power Tape
Do you like florals and plants? Are you glad that Spring is finally here?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment