Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hello Summer Home Decor

Hello! Hello! On Tuesday, we had some pretty big snow flurries and even though it looked so pretty, I am just so over the winter weather. So I decided to make a summer themed home decor and just hope that warmer weather will soon be here.


I was going to make a card, but decided that I wanted to try something different. Since I don't normally make a lot of home decor projects, I decided to make something that I can put on top of my desk or on my display case. I found a few wooden bases that had patterned paper already adhered to it so I decided to use one. Luckily, I knew what items I wanted to use so all I had to do was just arrange the items onto the base before adhering them. Once I knew where I wanted my items, I began to adhere the supplies.


First, I adhered my tag, ice cream, sun and ampersand wood veneers. Then I added the enamel dots and the other small layered embellishments. I adhered the felt letters last. To adhere the felt letters, I used my Tombow Mono Liquid Glue and was careful not put too much on the letters.


I love how this home decor turned out and am thinking about making one for Spring, Fall, and Winter. I might even make a second Summer home decor as well. Here's to hoping for some warmer weather.

Supplies Used:


Are you ready for Summer?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment