Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cards for Friends and Family

Hello! I have been busy making a lot of cards these past few weeks. Most of the cards that I have been making are Valentine's Day cards, but I did manage to make a batch of non-Valentine's Day cards.


A few days ago, I made four cards using items from Dear Lizzy, American Crafts, and Me & My Big Ideas. Most of the cards that I made can be sent to friends, but a couple could also be sent to family members as well.

I think the "With Love" card is my favorite out of the bunch. I love the chipboard mason jar and flowers. I wanted to use the enamel dots in the same size, but ran out. So I decided to use smaller enamel dots on the top right side and some medium size enamel dots on the lower left side.


I was originally going to just stick the square embellishment onto the card, but worried that it would look too plain. I ended up asking my husband if he liked the card with or without the doily and he said he liked it with the doily. So I ended up adhering the doily onto the card.


I really love the stitched tag on this card. One of these days, I'm going to try and stitch on my crafts, but for now I am loving the tags that I got in a mason jar from Tuesday Morning. I added some foam flowers and butterflies to complete the card.


I used another foam butterfly on this card as well as some embellishments from a Me & My Big Ideas embellishment pack. I really love the "Hello friend" layered embellishment.

I can't wait to mail these cards off to a couple of friends and family. Hopefully, they will love it.

Supplies Used:


What have you been creating?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment