Friday, January 22, 2016

Happy Little Life-Art Journal Page

Hey! Hey! Wow, it's been a long time since I shared a page from my art journal. That will definitely change this year. Last Saturday, I worked in my art journal and used a few new items so I'm excited to show you all my favorite page .


I purchased some Tim Holtz mini Distress Inks and mini ink blending tool a while ago and have been wanting to try them out, but felt intimidated. I finally decided to try them out and used a Heidi Swapp stencil. I love how the colors blended and made kind of like a green or yellow-green color in some spots.

I didn't know where exactly I was going with this entry. I literally had no idea whether I should add writing, a picture or embellishment so I decided to check out what I had in my crafting basket. I found a Project Life card and decided to use it to decorate the page. I also decided to use the sentiment on the card like a prompt and journaled a bit about my love for my boys and husband.

Random Fact and Tip:

I always keep a medium sized basket with various items that I know I will use in various projects. I have been crafting downstairs a lot so keeping this basket has been convenient and I haven't had to make a lot of trips to my room to get stuff. If you tend to craft in various areas of your house, I recommend getting a small or medium sized basket and fill it with items that you will use in lots of projects like Project Life, cards, mini albums, traditional layouts, etc.

Do you have an art journal? What have you been making?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment